Sign in to follow this  
MM3/MM2/MM

FC Edmonton Season Thread 2020

Looks like a really solid signing. Helped his team to promotion to the top tier.

Bit like pacific there are lots of young pieces at the club that with the addition of some solid hands could thrive this year, especially if they could do what others havent and get boakai back on form.

On 1/11/2020 at 1:38 PM, yothat2 said:

Does anyone which academy kids are on the verge of the first team?? Abe dukely ??

Not many roster spots left 

Mckail Brathwaite is highly rated, he had a call to one of the U17 camps, didn't play.

On 1/29/2020 at 10:09 AM, Ansem said:

Maybe this is just a reflex, but I hope he's hungry like the wolf or we're going to have to save a prayer for Edmonton this year.

I wholeheartedly apologize for this. I couldn't help myself.

1 hour ago, Andrew W said:

Maybe this is just a reflex, but I hope he's hungry like the wolf or we're going to have to save a prayer for Edmonton this year.

I wholeheartedly apologize for this. I couldn't help myself.

Too good 😂

Edited by CanadaFan123

22 minutes ago, toontownman said:

Is there something I should know? This conversation surely wouldn't happen in an ordinary world. 

Duran is no Rio Ferdinand but he will do a decent job. 

Roster Building

Released 7 (Diouck, B. Zebie, Marcelin, Sarkaria, Edwini-Bonsu, Lincourt-Joseph, Tchani)

Returning  10   Canadian (Temquia, James, A. Zebie, Ameobi, Ongaro, Mortosi, Powley, Veldao, Doe, Amanda)

Returning  4   International (Soria, Esua, Moses, Son)

Unknown 2 (Didic, Khabra)

In 2 Canadian (Boakai, Lee, Caceras, Carter) 

In 1 International (Zetterberg) 

Draft  2 (Chung, Bosch)

Open Roster Spots:  2 to 4

U21 5 to 7

International:  5

Edited by MM3/MM2/MM

no disappointment here concerning bonsu..was expecting him to be weak in cpl as he kept dropping levels in germany and was down to fifth tier the year before..maybe he can be player-coach in amsl or start coaching u20 or youth team..best wishes to him

Funny thinking back to his time with Dever Orgill at the Caps. REB was pretty far ahead of him and remained that way for a long stretch in Europe. Dever's gone from VMSL (not even Prem) to banging in goals in the Turkish top flight. Should have tried to cap him (although I think he got his first Jamaica cap really early on)

Though REB wasn't bad near the end of the season. Couldn't really find his groove. He's hardly in Canada ... On an world tour according to his IG 

Speak of depressing . Dever Orgilll trialed for FC Edmonton in 2013 .. all these years fced couldn't score any goals and Colin Miller passed on him smh 

https://the11.ca/ex-whitecap-orgill-is-the-first-confirmation-for-fc-edmonton-combine-2/

https://www.whitecapsfc.com/post/2013/03/26/whitecaps-fc-reserves-defeat-fc-edmonton-4-2