Former CanPL Players

Edit:  Just found another site that shows Carlos Stein as the winner!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Further research indicates that Carlos Stein lost in a playoff to Sportchavelines for the Segunda 2 promotion spot, so it would seem that Carlos Stein returns to Tier 4 and has to finish top 2 to enter Copa Peru in 2020.  Wow never thought I would know so much about Peruvian soccer.  That's what a long offseason with sporadic information from my favorite league does. 

Edited by MM3/MM2/MM

1 hour ago, MM3/MM2/MM said:

Not sure what this means, seems like a complex system, doesn't say what happens to Carlos Stein; https://elcomercio.pe/deporte-total/futbol-peruano/copa-peru-2019-en-vivo-programacion-y-partidos-de-la-ultima-fecha-de-la-finalisima-deportivo-llacuabamba-vs-carlos-stein-chavelines-vs-sport-estrella-ver-copa-peru-en-vivo-por-internet-streaming-noticia/

Deportivo Llacuabamba was crowned champion of the Peru Cup and ascends to League 1 2020

Deportivo Llacuabamba equaled 2-2 with Carlos Stein and is the new tenant of the first division of Peruvian football

So basically, the Copa Peru ends in a final four who play a single round-robin. The final match of the group between Carlos Stein and Llacuabamaba was originally a 2-2 draw, which would have given Llacuabamba the title, but they fielded a suspended player so the match was later awarded to Carlos Stein, which saw them finish top of the group instead.

https://larepublica.pe/deportes/2019/12/24/liga-1-cienciano-atletico-grau-deportivo-llacuabamba-y-carlos-stein-temporada-2020/

4 hours ago, Unnamed Trialist said:

Issey Nakajima Farran is playing in the Vancouver Metro Soccer League, with CCB FLC, who are out in Surrey.

It may be he is just training to stay on form, he tends to be quite honest about the lower league teams he trains with between pro clubs. 

A way to keep in form for the CPL season?

On 2/15/2020 at 4:08 PM, Unnamed Trialist said:

Issey Nakajima Farran is playing in the Vancouver Metro Soccer League, with CCB FLC, who are out in Surrey.

It may be he is just training to stay on form, he tends to be quite honest about the lower league teams he trains with between pro clubs. 

In starting lineup on Saturday.. Ryan McCurdy also in the lineup.

1 hour ago, MM3/MM2/MM said:

In starting lineup on Saturday.. Ryan McCurdy also in the lineup.

I don't want to second guess Issey too much, and I don't know his personal circumstances.

At a certain point when you are no longer making money as a footballer you should probably make some mature decisions about what you want to be when you grow up, and it seems that moment has come for him.

As I once met his partner and his parents, who live in or near Barcelona (his mother has a business in the Gràcia district) and knowing he has a kid here, I just hope he is not in some perpetual Peter Pan phase. To play that level he could be on a lower tier semi-pro team in Spain.

I am trying not to judge. Iain Hume has had years away from home and family in India, Spain, spending little time with them, but now, apparently retired, has gone and studied for his coaching license (which former pros can fast-track, as you may know). But close to where family is. Even if it does mean Issey nabs a CPL contract, making 40 or 50k in Canada is a low income for someone of his age.

Edited by Unnamed Trialist

On 1/6/2020 at 1:56 PM, MM3/MM2/MM said:

Edit:  Just found another site that shows Carlos Stein as the winner!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Further research indicates that Carlos Stein lost in a playoff to Sportchavelines for the Segunda 2 promotion spot, so it would seem that Carlos Stein returns to Tier 4 and has to finish top 2 to enter Copa Peru in 2020.  Wow never thought I would know so much about Peruvian soccer.  That's what a long offseason with sporadic information from my favorite league does. 

On 1/6/2020 at 2:12 PM, Big_M said:

lol tier 3/4..here shows both in english and spanish that they will be in first tier in 2020

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2020_Liga_1_(Peru)

https://es.wikipedia.org/wiki/Liga_1_2020_(Perú)

The third division of Peruvian football (the Copa Peru) is actually the 2nd. There's also another division called "Liga 2". Or that's how it was supposed to be. The Copa Peru hasn't aged well.

Back in the 1960's, Peruvian football became descentralized and was played outside of the capital for the first time officially. The Segunda Division however continued to only have teams from Lima, while the Copa Peru would have all the other provincial sides. So technically they were both the second tier. One team gets promoted from the capital and another from the rest of the country.

Around 2006-2008 (can't remember the year exactly) the Segunda Division added teams from the provinces and it was no longer an all-Lima league. So that killed the purpose of the Copa Peru and is now seen as a third tier. The only reason they still give promotion to the top flight nowadays is because of tradition.

On 1/6/2020 at 1:02 PM, MM3/MM2/MM said:

Luis Perea (HFX) goes to Carlos Stein in Peru Tier 3/4  in the Liga Departmental system (Tier 4) (over 300 teams) The top 50 qualify to the Copa Peru which is considered Tier 3.

300 teams? You need to research a bit harder. The Copa Peru in full has 52,000 teams if I recall correctly! 😁