Sign in to follow this  
MM3/MM2/MM

Former CanPL Players

Posted (edited)

Edit:  Just found another site that shows Carlos Stein as the winner!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Further research indicates that Carlos Stein lost in a playoff to Sportchavelines for the Segunda 2 promotion spot, so it would seem that Carlos Stein returns to Tier 4 and has to finish top 2 to enter Copa Peru in 2020.  Wow never thought I would know so much about Peruvian soccer.  That's what a long offseason with sporadic information from my favorite league does. 

Edited by MM3/MM2/MM

1 hour ago, MM3/MM2/MM said:

Not sure what this means, seems like a complex system, doesn't say what happens to Carlos Stein; https://elcomercio.pe/deporte-total/futbol-peruano/copa-peru-2019-en-vivo-programacion-y-partidos-de-la-ultima-fecha-de-la-finalisima-deportivo-llacuabamba-vs-carlos-stein-chavelines-vs-sport-estrella-ver-copa-peru-en-vivo-por-internet-streaming-noticia/

Deportivo Llacuabamba was crowned champion of the Peru Cup and ascends to League 1 2020

Deportivo Llacuabamba equaled 2-2 with Carlos Stein and is the new tenant of the first division of Peruvian football

So basically, the Copa Peru ends in a final four who play a single round-robin. The final match of the group between Carlos Stein and Llacuabamaba was originally a 2-2 draw, which would have given Llacuabamba the title, but they fielded a suspended player so the match was later awarded to Carlos Stein, which saw them finish top of the group instead.

https://larepublica.pe/deportes/2019/12/24/liga-1-cienciano-atletico-grau-deportivo-llacuabamba-y-carlos-stein-temporada-2020/

Dylan Sacramento now apparently moving from Hawkes Bay United in New Zealand D1 to Galway in Ireland D2. Apparently moving at the end of Jan, which is mid-season for HBU. From what I could gather (on HBU bird chirps) he was a fixture in the HBU first team but did not feature in their 0-4 loss on Sunday, either on the pitch or the bench.

Looks like another step down for Dylan but perhaps one with a lot of upside, given the location. Probably a smart roll of the dice.

As an aside, when Sacramento signed for Valour I noted his transfermarkt value at €0. It is now €125k. And he is described as a "defensive mid". Sigh.