Former CanPL Players

Posted (edited)

Maybe I missed this but according to Transfermarkt Marcel Zajac has signed with Watra Białka Tatrzańska in Poland's Tier 4, seems to be a huge drop, never seemed to take hold in CPL after an outstanding career at Akron U.

Edited by MM3/MM2/MM

2 hours ago, MM3/MM2/MM said:

Maybe I missed this but according to Transfermarkt Marcel Zajac has signed with Watra Białka Tatrzańska in Poland's Tier 4, seems to be a huge drop, never seemed to take hold in CPL after an outstanding career at Akron U.

• 4 weeks later...
10 hours ago, MM3/MM2/MM said:

Zachary Zukunda, HFX defender in 2019 drops to PEPO Lappeenranta in Finland's Tier 3 from Ekenas in Finland Tier 2.

Is that professional soccer ?

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 5 weeks later...
Posted (edited)
7 hours ago, MM3/MM2/MM said:

Former CPL players sign with PLSQ team.  Emile Legault and Chakib Hocine have landed in the PLSQ with Mont-Royal Outremont.

Wow.  Emile Legault has really fallen.  He was at Auxerre youth and rumoured to move to Celtic senior side only a few years ago.  Hopefully he can turn it around in the PLSQ

Edited by An Observer
grammar correction

he hasnt fallen..just wasnt good enough for cpl or uslc..and was going to celtic reserves/youth..just shows again to stop overestimating players who played youth ball in a certain place

Posted (edited)
6 minutes ago, Big_M said:

he hasnt fallen..just wasnt good enough for cpl or uslc..and was going to celtic reserves/youth..just shows again to stop overestimating players who played youth ball in a certain place

While I agree with your general sentiment, I still feel as though Legault was often misused in the pro ranks. He excelled when I watched him at Leftback (iirc he also played wide at Auxerre) with the Canadian youth program, but oftentimes Pacific and RGV used him as a centre back and he found difficulty.

He lacks strength/stature but has good ability on the ball and decent speed. He’s only 21, and I think he actually has the ability to be a very good CPLer.

Edited by Pottsy3

• 2 weeks later...