Former CanPL Players

Maybe I missed this but according to Transfermarkt Marcel Zajac has signed with Watra Białka Tatrzańska in Poland's Tier 4, seems to be a huge drop, never seemed to take hold in CPL after an outstanding career at Akron U.

Edited by MM3/MM2/MM

2 hours ago, MM3/MM2/MM said:

Maybe I missed this but according to Transfermarkt Marcel Zajac has signed with Watra Białka Tatrzańska in Poland's Tier 4, seems to be a huge drop, never seemed to take hold in CPL after an outstanding career at Akron U.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 5 weeks later...
7 hours ago, MM3/MM2/MM said:

Former CPL players sign with PLSQ team.  Emile Legault and Chakib Hocine have landed in the PLSQ with Mont-Royal Outremont.

Wow.  Emile Legault has really fallen.  He was at Auxerre youth and rumoured to move to Celtic senior side only a few years ago.  Hopefully he can turn it around in the PLSQ

Edited by An Observer
grammar correction

6 minutes ago, Big_M said:

he hasnt fallen..just wasnt good enough for cpl or uslc..and was going to celtic reserves/youth..just shows again to stop overestimating players who played youth ball in a certain place

While I agree with your general sentiment, I still feel as though Legault was often misused in the pro ranks. He excelled when I watched him at Leftback (iirc he also played wide at Auxerre) with the Canadian youth program, but oftentimes Pacific and RGV used him as a centre back and he found difficulty.

He lacks strength/stature but has good ability on the ball and decent speed. He’s only 21, and I think he actually has the ability to be a very good CPLer.

Edited by Pottsy3

• 2 weeks later...