Jump to content

Former CanPL Players


Recommended Posts

The leagues that CPL players have transferred to/played in is quite impressive so early on. Just off the top of my head with the division(s) in brackets:

Romania (1), Cyprus (1 and 2), Belgium (2), Sweden (2), Bolivia (1), Saudi Arabia (1), Honduras (1), Costa Rica (1), Mexico (1), Uzbekistan (1), Israel (1), Malta (1), Cambodia (1), MLS (1), Denmark (2), Chile (2), England (5), Germany (4), Norway (1).  

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Here's a different one:

(editorial stance in the tweet is not mine)

If the full image is cut off for you, this is former Valour player Dylan Sacramento advertising his real estate services to the Facebook group "Manitoba Business against the health pass"

Edited by jonovision
Link to comment
Share on other sites

42 minutes ago, jonovision said:

Here's a different one:

(editorial stance in the tweet is not mine)

If the full image is cut off for you, this is former Valour player Dylan Sacramento advertising his real estate services to the Facebook group "Manitoba Business against the health pass"

SockPuppetTweets sure seems like a mentally sound and reasonable individual.

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

16 hours ago, jonovision said:

Here's a different one:

(editorial stance in the tweet is not mine)

If the full image is cut off for you, this is former Valour player Dylan Sacramento advertising his real estate services to the Facebook group "Manitoba Business against the health pass"

He'll learn quickly. Look at some replies. 

He doesn't even focus his message, throwing in soccer stuff. 

Edited by Unnamed Trialist
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Former Pacific keeper Sachdev Grewal is with UD Alzira in Segunda RFEF (Spanish fourth tier)...started the season as #3 but the #2 just left so he steps up to #2 at least for now...they are currently 5th in group 5 which is a promotion play-off spot

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, Cblake said:

So does Cambodia compare to the CPL, I see he ripped it up pretty good last year overseas, wonder what type of other offers he got?

I would suspect its quite a bit lower than CPL based on both the quality of the respective national teams and the fact that Cambodia is a rather small and poor country so unlikely to be able to afford to attract quality players (cost of living aside).

Link to comment
Share on other sites

12 hours ago, An Observer said:

I would suspect its quite a bit lower than CPL based on both the quality of the respective national teams and the fact that Cambodia is a rather small and poor country so unlikely to be able to afford to attract quality players (cost of living aside).

Don't forgot that a lot of smaller leagues have something comparable to an unofficial Designated Player situation, whereby one or two imported players seem to make significantly more than the local foot soldiers. Jordan Webb was in this situation in Singapore, for instance. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, Senorpopps said:

I know this is not totally relevant to this thread, but with respect to Simcoe County Rovers, why in the world would League1 Ontario give Barrie two franchises?

 

1 hour ago, Big_M said:

one of them is looking to move up to cpl pretty quickly

Plus was there not a split of the original group and thus we have 1812 and Simcoe. Simcoe is the much more ambitious of the two teams. They mind me of Peterborough's Electric City. They have a retail store. There banners hanging around town on lamp posts. They are really pushing this team and CPL is never too far from the conversation when talking about them 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, Cblake said:

 

Plus was there not a split of the original group and thus we have 1812 and Simcoe. Simcoe is the much more ambitious of the two teams. They mind me of Peterborough's Electric City. They have a retail store. There banners hanging around town on lamp posts. They are really pushing this team and CPL is never too far from the conversation when talking about them 

Yes, I’m just reading it now. Despite Simcoe having aligned with several professional players, 1812 Barrie have not backed down fans have signed some relatively experienced soccer executives. Oh god, I would love to see the drama unfold among the upper echelons of Barrie’s soccer community. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, Senorpopps said:

Yes, I’m just reading it now. Despite Simcoe having aligned with several professional players, 1812 Barrie have not backed down fans have signed some relatively experienced soccer executives. Oh god, I would love to see the drama unfold among the upper echelons of Barrie’s soccer community. 

Barrie 1812 also hit the ground with a big splash when they launched . I remember a rather big press conference with Kristian Jack emceeing that was live-streamed .However, things went south pretty fast after with the team  was not able to secure a home field in Barrie and ended up playing their home games in the Toronto area at various locations with Brampton being home to a few home games. Moreover, the team’s head coach stopped showing up for games and practices in the second half of the season and don’t think was replaced . The players ended up coaching the team themselves from what I hear. Hopefully Simcoe County and Electric FC live up to their hype and don’t suffer the same fate as Barrie 1812 did in their first season .

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
 Share


×
×
  • Create New...