Former CanPL Players

9 hours ago, jordan said:

I think they interviewed Calum Ferguson when he was there...

The Gaelic language is spoken by about 50,000 people in Scotland mainly in the Outer Hebrides and some other west coast islands. Some people view it as Scotland's native language so there is a strong push to preserve and promote it. Showing football games involving central belt teams where there are almost no Gaelic speakers helps the Gaelic language channel's ratings basically.

• 2 weeks later...

Mentioned a few weeks ago on another thread: Victor Blasco is playing for the same team as Issey Nakajima Farran near Barcelona, Cubelles, 7th tier Spain. I was looking at Cubelles results and saw his name. Went to see them play about a month ago on a freezing evening. 

They are close to top of the table, he's scoring, he's also clearly a step above. Issey was injured that match and had an ice pack on, so did not get a chance to speak.

He confirmed he is still in Cambodia but that the league has restructured its season calendar and that he is off until May, so playing near home (he's Barcelonan) to stay fit. I spoke with him a bit, he also confirmed Haber continues in Cambodia, and that his stint in Honduras did not go well, not because he was not paid, as reported, but because he felt it was too violent.