Former CanPL Players

Reading through the L1O rosters now, it is really interesting to see a David Edgar on the BVB IA Waterloo roster. Judging by the fact THAT David Edgar is from Kitchener, it would make a lot of sense for it to be him. Maybe a player-coach capacity? Although from what I'm aware, he's still at Forge.

39 minutes ago, Pottsy3 said:

Reading through the L1O rosters now, it is really interesting to see a David Edgar on the BVB IA Waterloo roster. Judging by the fact THAT David Edgar is from Kitchener, it would make a lot of sense for it to be him. Maybe a player-coach capacity? Although from what I'm aware, he's still at Forge.

Although, BVB IA do have this on one of the pages of their website:

In partnership with David Edgar Football Coaching

Unlikely because Vaughan is only a hop, skip and a jump away from where York United currently play their games. Probably more a case that they are currently the top L1O club in the GTA where a large portion of Canada's pro level players are from so a lot of players who don't quite make the grade in CanPL terms are likely to wind up playing for them instead.

Nic Gagan (2004) 6'4" defender/midfielder, on development contract with HFX in 2022 (3 bench appearances) has signed with L1O team Electric City. 

I was surprised he didn't get any minutes, saw him play a few times in Ottawa and was very impressed with his passing out of the back.  Hope I get to see an Electric City game this season. 

Edited by MM3/MM2/MM

• 2 weeks later...

Looking at the League1 Ontario rosters, I think these are all the form CPL players

Alliance - Sam Gardner , Mehdi Essoussi (former TFC2 last year but not CPL - but perhaps York gets him on a deal as Alliance is their affiliate?)

Blue Devils - Prince Amanda

Burlington - Jace Kotsopolous

BVB - David Edgar

Electric - Syvatik Artemenko, Nic Gagan

Guelph - Colin Gander 

London - Kelsey Egwu, Darlington Murasiranwa

Masters - Spiridon Koskinas (brief York backup)

North Miss - Kadell Thomas, Michael Williams (that 15 years old who backed up for York once)

North Toronto - Jacob Carlos

PrStars - Jordan Webb

Scrosopppi - Nicolas Galvis, Kyle Porter, Tomasz Skublak, Andreas Vaikla

Sigma - Dino Bontis, Emery Welshman, Oluwagun Oyegunle,  Santiago Frias, Malcolm Duncan (CPL loan). Khadim Kane (CPL loan)

Simcoe - Javier George, Orlendis Benitez, Gabriel Boakye, Shawn Claud Lawson, Ijah Halley, Baj Maan, Alejandro Portal, Aidan Hugo

UMSC - Ezequiel Carasco

Vaughan - Dylan Carreiro, Klaidi Cela, Gianluca Catalano, Joe Di Chiara, Daniel Gogarty, Nyal Higgins, Jarred Phillips, Chris Mannella, Ryan Robinson, MArcel Zajac, CJ SMith, Emmanuel Zambazis

Windsor - Owen Antoniuk, Gianfranco Facchineri

plus a bunch of other draft picks like Campoli, Zis, etc

Edited by rydermike

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Are the agents and scouts for CPL just really bad at assessing talent; or perhaps still learning the quality elsewhere in the world? It seems to be so inconsistent how successful our exports are at various levels. Though for the life of me I can't figure out why anyone thought Attardo was ready to leave 

Former CPL on L1 Alberta rosters https://league1alberta.com/division/0/22665/rosters

BTB - David Doe

BTB - Jose Hernandez

BTB - Ousman Maheshe

BTB - Saah TBoy Fayiha

Foothills - Markus Kaiser

Foothills - Max Piepgrass

Foothills - Skyler Rogers

Foothills - Tom Field

Foothills - Malik Sylvester

CavsU21 - Joseph Holliday*

CavsU21 - Niko Myroniuk*

CavsU21 - Michael Harms*