Former CanPL Players

25 minutes ago, Aird25 said:

I see Yallop called Morey Doner their most consistent player this year. Do we consider him another CPL success? It's only USLC but would he have had a similar professional career without CPL

Of course its a success....its just too bad it wasnt around sooner for him to have the chance at a younger age.  You never know when a late bloomer gets his chance and just might turn some heads.  At 28, he would really have to stand on his head in USL-C to get to MLS, but stranger things have happened and he might parley that into another better league.  And who knows he might be one of the lucky ones making some decent money in USL-C.  

Ahmed Alghamdi started and played 60 minutes for Al Ettifaq in the Saudi Premier League today. He's been playing regularly, but that's one of his first starts. He also played 6 matches for Saudi Arabia's U23 team in recent months, including scoring the Asian Cup winner. I suppose that means he's lost for Canada?

Abzi, Loturi, Pepple, Diaz etc. have been given great opportunities to shine after transferring from CPL. At various leagues and levels. All have continued to receive significant minutes and opportunities, and they've all done pretty well, respectively. But they haven't matched their CPL performances. We have a long ways to go still, I'd guess

22 minutes ago, jonovision said:

Akio in CanPL: 2 goals in 1117 minutes

Akio in SPL: 1 goal in 45 minutes

Ipso facto, CanPL is a much tougher league than the Scottish Premier League!

CanPL: Valour FC 1 - 1 FC Edmonton -- Akio scored equalizer 90+4'

SPL: Ross County FC 1 - 1 Aberdeen FC -- Akio scored equalizer 90+5'

using similar logic FC Edmonton = Aberdeen FC