Former CanPL Players

On 1/12/2023 at 4:23 PM, Aird25 said:

It looks like Ahmed Alghamdi made his full debut in the Gulf Cup for Saudi Arabia today. Is he officially lost now?

Those "multi-country mini-tournaments" are technically considered equal to friendlies by FIFA. It has to be something organized by the AFC to be considered official. So, shouldn't be officially lost, but more likely that he'll stick with Saudi Arabia, given he joined for that

10 minutes ago, K Edgar said:

Scottish Championships.  How does that compare to the CanPL?  On the bench today.

Charlie Trafford had a few years at that level. But did have 1 SPL season and his ill fated stay at Wrexham before coming to CPL.

This also makes me think that a guy like Dario Zanatta should probably consider CPL instead of toiling in the Scottish Championship 

23 minutes ago, K Edgar said:

Scottish Championships.  How does that compare to the CanPL?  On the bench today.

It’s a tough league, they are just outside the play off spots so every game will be must win. I haven’t watched much championship in a few years so hard for me to compare. You get a longer season, more training, less travel. 

3 hours ago, K Edgar said:

Not much difference in quality skills wise I would have thought but the style of play is different given it is played through a Scottish winter rather than a Canadian summer. Kirkcaldy where Raith Rovers play is the only town in Scotland where hockey rivals soccer in popularity.

22 hours ago, Ozzie_the_parrot said:

Had seen stuff from Ross County fans about him spending too much time in pubs. Dingwall is a small place so people would definitely notice.

I must say, I am surprised at that. He always came across as motivated in his YouTube videos when he was at Valour. I did wonder why he went out on loan though.

8 hours ago, yothat2 said:

Wasn't very impressed..nice move up 

I really don't expect him to get any playing time, they have 6 games left before the league splits, and they are right on the cusp of going to the relegation division.    Klagenfurt seems to have a thing for injury prone Canadians.  Durrans has played 3 games since he left Valour in 2021, if he plays it will probably be with their Tier 4 team.