Former CanPL Players

• 2 weeks later...

Alejandro Diaz with his first hat trick in Norway. I believe that’s now 5 goals and 4 assists in 8 matches since making the move. Pacific has no doubt missed him down the stretch but hopefully he’s meeting all his performance bonuses. 

He was also good friends with Aparicio. I wonder if they reunite

Edited by Aird25

Nicolas Galvis has finally reappeared after an ACL tear derailed his past two seasons. From pictures it looks like he is finally on the field again and has signed with FC Berlin of the UPSL.

His Guelph teammates and other former CPLers, Tomasz Skublak, Svyatoslav Artemenko and Jace Kotsopoulous also signed with FC Berlin.

For anyone unfamiliar with FC Berlin or the UPSL, this is pretty similar to the League1Ontario semi-pro level and is the fifth tier of the US Soccer pyramid. The club is run out of Kitchener and cooperatively Buffalo, although it operates with Canadian players typically. The current squad looks like it is mostly composed of players from Guelph's L1O side. The league plays two seasons a year, with the current season beginning in September, thus it's often used as a league to showcase players looking for professional opportunities.

Edited by Pottsy3

22 minutes ago, Aird25 said:

Loturi played 90, and it looked like he had a strong game. Most dribbles completed in the match, most accurate passer, most duels won. Back to back starts for him and now back to back wins for the club

He looked good, though after the second goal he scuffed a clearance out for a corner that put county under pressure

It is a great moment for our sport when fans are saddened at the release of some youngsters by our MLS teams.

Not only do these kids have a new path with the CPL, but it boosts that league and send some players with experience to our D3.

The pyramid is slowly building itself and we cannot wait to have more clubs joining in.

Such a shame my province still only supports 1 hockey team 365 days 24h/7. There would be room for Laval, Québec, Trois-Rivières & Sherbrooke in that CPL. I hope the 2 last cities at least join our PLSQ soon.

1 hour ago, Ozzie_the_parrot said:

Knowing the P&J that might be their top story about the World Cup today. The joke is always that their headline after the Titanic sank was "North East Man Dies at Sea" and that the start of WWII was met with "Durris Man in Giant Neep Sensation".

You are relentless

• 2 weeks later...