US Virgin Islands-Canada match thread (R)

Blackdude

• Replies 442
  • Created
  • Last Reply

-Scored a stupid amount of goals

-Didn't cap-tie Zachary Brault-Guillard or Alessandro Busti

-Arfield looked uncharacteristically tired and made some poor passes.

-Concacaf's yank commentator managed to butcher half the names of the players

To sum everything up, I was right, we should have brought a more U21 focused team but now Herdman can put this record goal scoring game on his CV.

Boring.

The game was our best lineup in 10 years vs our weakest opponent in 10 years.  An 8-0 win feels right.

That being said you can only beat who you play and we didn’t take prisoners or play down to their level which is good.  

I’m glad to see how this team performed and those finishes were clinical.  We have some real professional goal scorers and it’s great to watch.

Well it's clear that we have players that can finish and put the ball in the net. But I find it difficult to evaluate how the team played as a whole against an opponent of this level. We faced virtually no pressure throughout the entire game and were sloppy at times. 

This was an excellent result all things considered.  Games like these are usually tough for Canada because we've traditionally NOT had the ability to carry a game and cut teams open and finish.  I am curious to see how we look against a side like Honduras or Jamaica, teams that will indeed put pressure on us and, at times, even take the game to us.  We've the players to hit hard on the counter, which makes us dangerous to play. Lots of good signs today; lots still to improve one. But I am mostly pleased; this felt like the right step forward.

Also not worried about ZBG and Busti. Lots of time over these four matches. Also looking forward to having more than a couple of actually active players in our top 20 scorers. (no disrespect to Hume, Jackson or Occean but they're not really getting calls from here on)

1 hour ago, jpg75 said:

Tom Kouzmanis scored 2 vs. Jamaica in the '95 Caribbana Cup. Then another 2 the next game against T&T.  Small world, but i played against his brother growing up...that was also the first Canada Sr. match i ever attended.

Tom’s brother played for Wexford .

I don't think any particular player really stood out from the rest. Also can't really say anyone played poorly. Basically just a solid game and everyone did what was expected. Was cool seeing so many offensive players on the field at once. I don't think I have seen Canada do that before. 

Didn't see Davies stand out, but I think he plays better when he gets a chance to actually run, tough to do on a small field with 4 or 5 guys right in front of you.

12 minutes ago, Stryker911 said:

I don't think any particular player really stood out from the rest. Also can't really say anyone played poorly. Basically just a solid game and everyone did what was expected. Was cool seeing so many offensive players on the field at once. I don't think I have seen Canada do that before. 

Didn't see Davies stand out, but I think he plays better when he gets a chance to actually run, tough to do on a small field with 4 or 5 guys right in front of you.

They won't admit it, but the basically had Davies at fullback

Archived