Toulon Tournament (2018)

Lou

• 1 month later...
  • Replies 742
  • Created
  • Last Reply

what lineup are you V's hoping for? I feel like we should play like this  play like this: 

Breza/Pantemis

Godinho---Dunn--Cornelius---Boskovic

-------------------Fraser-------------------------------- 

---Twardek/Shome-----Borges

Davies---Elva/Boakaye---Millar

2 minutes ago, badname22 said:

what lineup are you V's hoping for? I feel like we should play like this  play like this: 

Breza/Pantemis

We'd be really lucky to get Davies but even without him this lineup is very encouraging.

19 minutes ago, badname22 said:

Breza/Pantemis

I like it except I’d drop Elva for Reid, David or Hundal since he won’t be eligible for the next u23s. 

Also a few other names like that kid at Lyon and that kid at Barcelona ?

Would like to see Cammy Palmer who’s been great for Rangers development side this year. Also hope Bassong is sent an invite, as well as Dom Iankov.

1 hour ago, badname22 said:

Breza/Pantemis

From what I have remember seeing of TFC II USL webstreams a few weeks back (away games vs Red Bulls and Pittsburgh) I think he was playing on the left side at the back in a 3-5-2 formation, so I suspect that's probably where the left back thing is coming from. Stands out at that level, so suspect he's viewed as a genuine prospect rather than a jersey filler.

I think we're more likely to see Elva in September / October than for this as I suspect the roster will feature players  eligible for Olympic Qualifying / U20 qualifying?  E.g. Millar, Brault-Guillard, Dunn, Cornelius, Hamilton, Borges, David,  Sadiki, Terique Mohammed, Mathieu Choineire, Breza, Hasal, Okello. Hopefully Herdman is taking cracks at duals like Akinola early on too. Really doubt VWC would let Davies go (even if he wanted to) unless they view it as a window shopping opportunity for big euro clubs. Hoping the matches for this tournament are going to be streamed online. Will be a nice peek into the future.

1 hour ago, BringBackTheBlizzard said:

From what I have remember seeing of TFC II USL webstreams a few weeks back (away games vs Red Bulls and Pittsburgh) I think he was playing on the left side at the back in a 3-5-2 formation, so I suspect that's probably where the left back thing is coming from. Stands out at that level, so suspect he's viewed as a genuine prospect rather than a jersey filler.

TFC II have never played a 3-5-2. Seems like guessing, so I'll say maybe your mistaking him with Kyle Bjornethun... Who's played at left back every single game for TFC II.

I've watched this kid many times and he's an out an out left footed center back. At 6'3, with not much pace.... I'll be surprised to see him in a fullback position. 

1 hour ago, jpg75 said:

Elva and Hamilton are both 96's and are too old for this competition. 

Sadiki started last year in Qatar against players up to 3 years older than in this tournament, he'd be one of the first names i pencil into the XI.

Jordan Hamilton yes too old. Was referring to Malyk Hamilton in this instance. Not sure tho how he has been playing since returning from West Ham. Anyone have eyes on him?

3 hours ago, Alex1775 said:

This would also be a really good opportunity to call up Noah Verhoeven. He’s been doing great so far this season on loan at Fresno and has earned rave reviews for his technical skills and forward play. 

Cant hurt to try...I hope he is not already gone.  

My dream lineup

------------------- Breza----------------

Bassong-Sadiki-Cornelius-Godinho

-------------Twardek--Fraser--------------

Millar------------Borges----------Davies

---------------------David----------------

If C.Gutiérrez’s age allows to him to play, he would be my starting LB. But I’m not sure about the cut off, yes he’s a 97 but his birthday is in Feb. Bassong would great  substitute though. Its kinda scary because really after those two we don’t have any pure LB’s and they are duals! But I think we have a chance at getting them,  Bassong wasn’t in  belgium’s latest U19 squad and Gutiérrez has fallen off Chile’s Radar and his twin brother !

Has it been confirmed Herdman is coaching this team? Because Biello is the U23 Manager, basically this will be the team  competing for the  Olympic qualifier. 

15 hours ago, Jahinho Guerro said:

...I've watched this kid many times and he's an out an out left footed center back...

So how are we disagreeing again exactly when my comments were based on him being that? Some people on here are argumentative for the sake of it. Greg Vanney uses both a diamond 4-4-2 and a 3-5-2 quite a bit with the first team from what I've seen, and it's normal for the reserve team to use the same formations as the first team to ease transition between the two, so it would be very surprising if the latter formation isn't being used at least some of the time. You usually need a naturally left-sided centre back like Boskovic to do the latter well.

I’m kinda shocked not more people are talking about this tourney. This tournament is huge for men’s program and  it could potientally help change the mentally of the soccer world on Canadian players and Canadian soccer. 

If we can get all of our top players, we are gonna turn some heads. 

8 hours ago, BringBackTheBlizzard said:

So how are we disagreeing again exactly when my comments were based on him being that? Some people on here are argumentative for the sake of it. Greg Vanney uses both a diamond 4-4-2 and a 3-5-2 quite a bit with the first team from what I've seen, and it's normal for the reserve team to use the same formations as the first team to ease transition between the two, so it would be very surprising if the latter formation isn't being used at least some of the time. You usually need a naturally left-sided centre back like Boskovic to do the latter well.

I try to watch all the TFC 2 games and I dont remember seeing a 3-5-2.  And Bjortheun has been at LB at almost every game.  Its been Bosko with Romeo/Dunn etc as the CB pairing and Onkony at RB the last few games.  

9 hours ago, BringBackTheBlizzard said:

Sorry, you're right I came off as strong. Only because this is a forum, meaning we try to have conversations that make soccer sense. 

I feel like since we are online, majority of the time information is accessible to validate our comments vs guessing in which it can ultimately start a full page of nonsense. 

1 hour ago, Bison44 said:

I try to watch all the TFC 2 games and I dont remember seeing a 3-5-2.  And Bjortheun has been at LB at almost every game.  Its been Bosko with Romeo/Dunn etc as the CB pairing and Onkony at RB the last few games.  

So we've seen the same thing ?

Archived