Herdman new head coach

matty

30 minutes ago, jpg75 said:

I'm going to wait and see who replaces Findlay. If it's some no-name yes-man then i'll lose it. If it's a highly qualified asst. then props are in order.

Even Pellerud will be announced as the next MNT asst coach...

Edited by aloyol

1 hour ago, jpg75 said:

I'm going to wait and see who replaces Findlay. If it's some no-name yes-man then i'll lose it. If it's a highly qualified asst. then props are in order.

Why do you believe Findlay is worth keeping? He's survived in the CSA framework since 2008. Might he not be as much, or more, of a yes man than anybody else?

7 minutes ago, dbailey62 said:

Why do you believe Findlay is worth keeping? He's survived in the CSA framework since 2008. Might he not be as much, or more, of a yes man than anybody else?

He seemed to serve a useful purpose in recruiting dual nationals, at least. As an interim vs. Ghana the team played well so i think he had proven he was competent (i doubt Floro would have kept him if he was an idiot). If we get some scrub there's a chance he/she is a useless tool. 

10 minutes ago, SpecialK said:

What do you guys and girls think of Mauro Biello as an assistant ? 

Does he have any badges? I do kind of like the guy I must admit but IMO he struggled in Montreal but an assistant job might be what he needs.  

Edited by dbailey62

10 minutes ago, jpg75 said:

He seemed to serve a useful purpose in recruiting dual nationals, at least. As an interim vs. Ghana the team played well so i think he had proven he was competent (i doubt Floro would have kept him if he was an idiot). If we get some scrub there's a chance he/she is a useless tool. 

One game! My understanding was that he and Floro weren't close, that he was placed in that role by the CSA. 

You're also ignoring the possibility that Findlay may have left of his own accord!

12 minutes ago, dbailey62 said:

One game! My understanding was that he and Floro weren't close, that he was placed in that role by the CSA. 

You're also ignoring the possibility that Findlay may have left of his own accord!

Ghana,  Mauritania, Scotland  Bermuda 

loses to South Korea and  Morocco, also those games were basically played by Canada B team

thats not just one game? 

Edited by SpecialK

3 minutes ago, SpecialK said:

Ghana,  Mauritania, Scotland  Bermuda 

loses to South Korea and  Morocco, also those games were basically played by Canada B team

thats not just one game? 

OK point taken but as is the unwritten rule in any sport, the head coach gets to choose who his assistants are. Herdman gets to make those choices. You can't be inflicting an assistant on a head coach because the desk jockeys say so. 

2 minutes ago, dbailey62 said:

OK point taken but as is the unwritten rule in any sport, the head coach gets to choose who his assistants are. Herdman gets to make those choices. You can't be inflicting an assistant on a head coach because the desk jockeys say so. 

Totally agree, that’s why the CSA should give him a youth team or maybe become a scout, while a job  opportunity comes about. 

I still can’t believe the CSA gave Herdman everything !!!! So stupid !

25 minutes ago, The Ref said:

Quite possible that Findlay did not want to be even close to Herdman when Herdman fails miserably.

Very possible. Either that or sour grapes that he's twice been passed over! 

In any case, we all know MDS was the man!

Edited by dbailey62

4 hours ago, SpecialK said:

Totally agree, that’s why the CSA should give him a youth team or maybe become a scout, while a job  opportunity comes about. 

I still can’t believe the CSA gave Herdman everything !!!! So stupid !

We don't know if he was offered something though. 

In regards to Herdman, if he did in fact use the England job as a bargaining tool and said it's the CMNT job for me or I'm taking the England job, I'd have said good luck in England!

We don't know that happened of course. I hope it didn't. If the offer came from above without prompting because they felt they needed to ditch OZ for some unknown back room reason and needed a quick replacement ..... without prompting from John, that's a different story and is also very possible. 

Over the last 5-6 years (BF to present) all accounts Findlay probably played the biggest role re: both duals and the evolving player pool. He was probably the guy who went around translating whatever BF said to potential players during his tenure and doing all the reaching out to guys under OZ since reports seem to say OZ had virtually no contact with players outside of camps. Makes no sense to me why either CSA or JH would want the staff coach with most depth of knowledge about the MNT player pool out of the picture, at least not so early into JH tenure. Especially with the controversial firing / hiring shit show. I'd imagine either MF lined something else up (CPL, UK maybe) once he was passed over (again) for JH or else JH wanted the whole slate wiped clean, which leaves Stalteri as the last man standing (so far) heading into next camp.

27 minutes ago, soccer.shocker said:

Over the last 5-6 years (BF to present) all accounts Findlay probably played the biggest role re: both duals and the evolving player pool. He was probably the guy who went around translating whatever BF said to potential players during his tenure and doing all the reaching out to guys under OZ since reports seem to say OZ had virtually no contact with players outside of camps. Makes no sense to me why either CSA or JH would want the staff coach with most depth of knowledge about the MNT player pool out of the picture, at least not so early into JH tenure. Especially with the controversial firing / hiring shit show. I'd imagine either MF lined something else up (CPL, UK maybe) once he was passed over (again) for JH or else JH wanted the whole slate wiped clean, which leaves Stalteri as the last man standing (so far) heading into next camp.

Both those scenarios make perfect sense to me. 

On 2/22/2018 at 9:34 PM, dbailey62 said:

We don't know if he was offered something though. 

In regards to Herdman, if he did in fact use the England job as a bargaining tool and said it's the CMNT job for me or I'm taking the England job, I'd have said good luck in England!

We don't know that happened of course. I hope it didn't. If the offer came from above without prompting because they felt they needed to ditch OZ for some unknown back room reason and needed a quick replacement ..... without prompting from John, that's a different story and is also very possible. 

From what I know is that he and Les were both let go due to restructuring.

1 hour ago, Ansem said:

Canada Soccer announces Mauro Biello as Men’s National Team Assistant Coach and EXCEL U-23 Program Director

https://mobile.twitter.com/CanadaSoccerEN/status/968196122752765952

Great opportunity for him! Hopefully he can use his connections with MLS teams to form a better pathway for players to develop.