Herdman new head coach

matty

5 minutes ago, jpg75 said:

Is a phishing email an email or a phish? And did the Nigerian prince ever get his inheritance?

only a 7 hour jam session can truly be a phish also a good chance to share the joy of alex cameron on here (seriously listen to it)

2 hours ago, jpg75 said:

Is a phishing email an email or a phish? And did the Nigerian prince ever get his inheritance?

Does the Nigerian prince have dual citizenship?  Why hasn't the CSA been in contact with them?  Why do we always have to do their job?

18 hours ago, Obinna said:

In otherwords, if some players have reservations, they must get over it, because this is 2018, where everything is equal and everyone is accepted.

You mistakenly attributed the quote you posted about to me.  I would never, ever espouse that.  Mentioning Trudeau in a sentence would make me gag, it's doing it to me now. :(

So what would be considered a coaching success for Herdman in 2018? Here’s a few criteria I would love to see.

- a March camp with two friendlies. No big names teams necessary, just decent quality.

- lots of open dialogue with the media about plans for the future, the players and the team.

- one dual national brought into the fold.

- quality performances for the NT by a few younger players.

- assuming we play 4 LoN games in the fall, a record of 3-1-1.

If he can produce 4 out of the 5 I’ll be happy.

2 hours ago, BuzzAndSting said:

So what would be considered a coaching success for Herdman in 2018? Here’s a few criteria I would love to see.

- a March camp with two friendlies. No big names teams necessary, just decent quality.

- lots of open dialogue with the media about plans for the future, the players and the team.

Any idea buzzandsting if we are scheduling anything for the March FIFA date?

2 hours ago, BuzzAndSting said:

It’s not the coaches job to schedule friendlies is it? And honestly it doesn’t matter to me if he talks to the media. Just as long as the team wins...

3 hours ago, BuzzAndSting said:

I would add bring it separate coaches for the U23 than the national team as well but agree 4/5 of those would be awesome

27 minutes ago, BringBackTheBlizzard said:

Gaining the respect of the dressing room and nothing we write here makes much difference on that.

You’re right. Nothing we write here makes any difference at all. Why do we continue to post the same pointless drivel over and over again then? 

28 minutes ago, BuzzAndSting said:

You’re right. Nothing we write here makes any difference at all. Why do we continue to post the same pointless drivel over and over again then? 

You need to brush up on your English comprehension skills. The "on that" bit at the end makes it clear that I am only making that comment with respect to whether or not John Herdman gains the respect of the players in the dressing room.

1 hour ago, BringBackTheBlizzard said:

You need to brush up on your English comprehension skills. The "on that" bit at the end makes it clear that I am only making that comment with respect to whether or not John Herdman gains the respect of the players in the dressing room.

Thanks for the tip. I was extrapolating on your point though, nothing we write here makes a difference in anything.

6 hours ago, BuzzAndSting said:

IMO, his success in the coming year(s) will hinge upon this:  younger guys fulfilling their promise, much in the same way that Lawrence, Buchanan, and Fleming (and some others) have emerged (or are continuing to emerge) with the WNT. 

As for the open dialogue, that will just be an opportunity for his media-savvy skills to turn it into a TED talk, and I'm not interested in that, thank you.

To quote the late, great Al Davis, just win, baby!  Or at least be a consistently tough opponent to face.

One thing amidst all this psychological mumbo jumbo Herdman may be bringing to the CMNT is that the women never seemed to have a problem playing in the belly of the beast, they never seemed to be bothered playing on the road.

Granted, they might be afforded a far different audience and reception than the men but they never seemed intimidated.

If Herdman can bring some of that to the men's team, it will hold them in good stead.

This post is over, I've run out of cliches.

38 minutes ago, Bison44 said:

The women havnt been intimidated or bothered on the road because they were good.  From Hooper to Sinclair to Buchanan we've had World class talent on that team for over 20 years.  

That is true against their lessers but what about their equals or betters. We don't have the depth of talent (yet) on the men's team to compete head to head, they need some equalizers.  Team dynamics and attention to the minutest of details can only help.

Edited by Joe MacCarthy