CPL Season Schedule

• Replies 554
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 hours ago, m-g-williams said:

From the FC Edmonton piece on the home opener:

"The full schedule for the inaugural season of the Canadian Premier League will be released on Wednesday, February 27 at 10:00 am Mountain Time." (1 PM EST)

https://fcedmonton.canpl.ca/article/fc-edmonton-to-host-inaugural-home-match-on-may-12-vs-pacific-fc

10 Mountain time is 12 PM EST not 1PM

What is up with York 9? And FC Edmonton for that matter. Stadium issues? I thought everybody would have their home opener on either the first or second weekend.

4 hours ago, Ngravs said:

Valour says the Saturday the 4th. 

Those abject morons in the Bomber office have got the fucking teams BACKWARDS! It is Valour vs. Edmonton, in Winnipeg, not Edmonton!

If you suffer from dyslexia, maybe publishing football schedules is not the job for you!

5 hours ago, dsqpr said:

Those abject morons in the Bomber office have got the fucking teams BACKWARDS! It is Valour vs. Edmonton, in Winnipeg, not Edmonton!

If you suffer from dyslexia, maybe publishing football schedules is not the job for you!

Pick your battles man. Pick your battles.

3 minutes ago, Kent said:

Pick your battles man. Pick your battles.

Yeah, my irritation does outweigh the crime. But seriously, why would you mess with that...?

^ Geezus, I can't wait to see what happens when you hear the league announce that thanks to advances in technology that during all broadcasts whenever the ball should exceed a speed of 50 MPH there will be a CGI image of a vapour trail following the flight of that ball for, of course, all those at home viewers.  This is in response to the extensive marketing Mediapro conducted which showed the "flaming tail" originally pitched was met with only mediocre enthusiasm.

Or, that the league is innovating the use of a firm 90 minute match time and to give it all a greater sense of occasion will at the end of each 2nd half have an in stadium countdown over the public address starting NOT a 10, but 11!

Heh?  You like that?  Heh?  But wait....there's more.

No more draws!  Everybody hates tied games so taking a page from the NHL playbook that Canadians are so familiar with, but with a soccer twist, the normal added time you'd see at the end of each half will be used for an overtime period in which each side PLAYS THREE ASIDE to hopefully product a winner.  If should the the match still remain tied, the winner will be determined by which head coach can eat 24 wedges of oranges the fastest.  

So, yeah.   Save your ammo.  There may be bigger fights to come.

Bottoms up!

giphy.gif   

1 hour ago, Cheeta said:

So, yeah.   Save your ammo.  There may be bigger fights to come.

Bottoms up!

giphy.gif   

If you are under the impression that my ammo is limited, allow me to disabuse you of that thought immediately!

The reason it irks is that it is exactly counter to CPL's stated objective of being something different in North America. I really love that they have taken that direction as I think it is their best chance for success. So why on earth would the Bombers row in the opposite direction?

1 hour ago, dsqpr said:

If you are under the impression that my ammo is limited, allow me to disabuse you of that thought immediately!

LOL.  No, no, no.  Good Lord, a thousands nos.  I expect we're all going to have wonderful WTF?! post match analysis among all the usual Winnipeg V suspects all season long. 

But agreed.  Absolutely.  You do get the impression that maybe its a good idea that the powers that be attach some sort of a footie liaison to the Bomber staff that are a shared resource in this enterprise, and soon.  It shouldn't be, but it sometimes can be surprising how much the "smaller" details matter it creating an overall impression.  It's really not that hard.   

36 hours and counting down!  Sharpie in hand and eagerly waiting to add something to the calendar to go along with the Vs Cup and Gold Cup,  Yes, I still have a calendar. 

Where's my kit!

I'm hoping Pacific FC change the start time for the season opener from 4 to 3pm. The last ferry back to Pender on Sundays is at 7pm. I've had 12 verbal commitments from people who want to go but if the game starts at 4pm we will likely miss the ferry home.

Archived