Cyle Larin

shermanator

2 hours ago, shamrock said:

I don't buy it. If Besiktas can get him for (or practically for) nothing, they would. It's not like these are kids on a playground trying to make friends or anything. 3 mil is just the amount it takes to buy of his contract, and it's exactly the amount I predicted nearly a year ago. 

They can't get him for nothing, he's under 23 so they will have to pay compensation for his development - which will probably run close to that amount anyways. 

Fresh from Turkish CNN (and google translate)

Canadian striker Cyle Larin allegedly understands Besiktas 'football in my life in Europe,' he said. The player's contract will end on December 31, 2017 and Larin will be released.

https://www.cnnturk.com/spor/futbol/fellaini-koptu-geliyor-son-dakika-besiktas-transfer-haberleri-26-aralik-2017

Think we'll see him join Jan 1?

I know he gets a lot of flack for his NT performances , but I'm so happy that he is getting so much interest from decent clubs in decent leagues. It's very exciting to see all these offers come up 

Hopefully there will be a lot more Canadian kids developing through MLS and working there way up

42 minutes ago, Bikerack said:

I know he gets a lot of flack for his NT performances , but I'm so happy that he is getting so much interest from decent clubs in decent leagues. It's very exciting to see all these offers come up 

Hopefully there will be a lot more Canadian kids developing through MLS and working there way up

Hopefully they won't let him be lazy during games 

17 hours ago, Ansem said:

Yes yes yes. Oh God yes! Please let this be true!! Much better destination than Leeds, and certainly Besiktas. Turkey is where people go to end their careers. Not begin them.

2 hours ago, Wingback6 said:

Yes yes yes. Oh God yes! Please let this be true!! Much better destination than Leeds, and certainly Besiktas. Turkey is where people go to end their careers. Not begin them.

What a totally ignorant comment, the league is full of Turkish youth and all the top teams sign young up and coming players from the world over. If you look at Besiktas, there are only two players on that team at the end of their careers, Atiba and Pepe

Is Bundesliga better? Of course. Will he be sure to get the playing time he needs on a team in B1? No way. Would he be likely to get more time playing for a team that often dominates weaker opposition and can sub him in? Pretty sure. But if he goes to BM, fantastic, no question.

17 hours ago, Unnamed Trialist said:

What a totally ignorant comment, the league is full of Turkish youth and all the top teams sign young up and coming players from the world over. If you look at Besiktas, there are only two players on that team at the end of their careers, Atiba and Pepe

Is Bundesliga better? Of course. Will he be sure to get the playing time he needs on a team in B1? No way. Would he be likely to get more time playing for a team that often dominates weaker opposition and can sub him in? Pretty sure. But if he goes to BM, fantastic, no question.

Generalization perhaps. Different for Turkish players than for non-turkish players. But I struggle to think of a single non-Turkish player who has launched his career in the Superlig. In Contrast..... Van Persie, Eboue, Drogba, Ba, Hutch, Pepe, N. De Jong, Isla, Anelka, Babel, Menez, Sandro, Eto'o, Nasri, Djourou.... I could go on, and that is only a list of players who are on Turkish teams atm, or were recently. I could go on.

Not all of them have, or will end their careers in Turkey, but all went there in the twilight of their careers. Not the dawn of them. 

Edited by Wingback6

On 12/30/2017 at 10:53 PM, Ansem said:

This move would be an ideal place for him... but will see what happens this month since the window is now officially open...

Edited by Scorpion26

5 hours ago, Wingback6 said:

Generalization perhaps. Different for Turkish players than for non-turkish players. But I struggle to think of a single non-Turkish player who has launched his career in the Superlig. In Contrast..... Van Persie, Eboue, Drogba, Ba, Hutch, Pepe, N. De Jong, Isla, Anelka, Babel, Menez, Sandro, Eto'o, Nasri, Djourou.... I could go on, and that is only a list of players who are on Turkish teams atm, or were recently. I could go on.

Not all of them have, or will end their careers in Turkey, but all went there in the twilight of their careers. Not the dawn of them. 

Whilst I agree for the most part,  There have been instances of players spending the prime of thier career ( or younger) and moving to a top 5 league before 30. Some instances include:

-Nani to Valencia  (28 at the time) 

-Simon Kajer to Sevilla (27 at the time) 

-Nordin Amrabat to Malaga (26 at the time) 

-Bruma to RB Lepzig (21 at the time) 

So if Larin can preform well in Turkey than he will most likely get offers from teams in a top 5 league.

Cyle Larin has launched his career in MLS. I thought that was pretty clear. 

I was wrong about Tosun, though he would not be sold: now seems pretty clear he is going to transfer out to England. Everton were frontrunners but Besiktas has raised their price, talking about 27 million pounds now. So makes sense to sell him. 

Besiktas are looking at Leicester striker Slimani 

http://the4thofficial.net/2018/01/leicester-city-forward-eyed-turkish-outfit-replace-star-striker-good-move-parties/

I don't think this really affects a possible Larin move there. He is not proven like an EPL striker, so they would never see him as replacing Tosun. He would go in as a sub off the bench and have to win his minutes, not start, even behind Slimani. Same at Moenchengladbach, only they have striking problems, only Raffael and Hazard are scoring for them it seems, and no one off the bench.