Cyle Larin

shermanator

8 hours ago, Floortom said:

Admittedly I haven't seen Wood much but seems odd that he would be more one dimensional than Larin. Hard to believe that.

2 hours ago, Obinna said:

Larin can't even hold the ball up better than Cavallini lol

You guys are cold... and judging Larin on his past with the national team. In Orlando, it's a different player. Not only can he finish, create space,and even hold the ball. I don't watch Orlando regularly, so maybe it's just the games and highlights I've seen, but somehow I doubt it.

Edited by BCM

Dudes did anyone see the reports out of Turkey? They're saying the deal is done

https://www.besiktashaberleri.com/besiktas-cyle-larin-transferini-bitiriyor/

Via Google:Besiktas's Canadian star Atiba Hutchinson proposed to the club Cyle Larin is said to have completed the transfer. Black and white, who defeated Porto 3-1 on the Champions League last night, continues their transfer work between the circuits. In the days we were in the British press, news came out that Beşiktaş was interested in young footballers.

•  

Preliminary deal with Cyle Larin

According to the fanatic newspaper, the black-and-white club has signed a preliminary agreement with young footballer for 4.5 years and will sign an official contract in January.It was noted that the members of the transfer committee were determined to complete this transfer because they saw a 22-year-old soccer player's potential high.

The 22-year-old Canadian scorer who played in Orlando City scored 8 goals in 17 games in the United States League last season, making 1 assist.

EDIT: CNN Turkey are also reporting it it seems https://www.cnnturk.com/spor/futbol/besiktas-kanadali-golcuyu-bitirdi

Edited by matty

They've probably agreed to terms with Cyle and his mgmt. team. I predict they'll attempt to sign to him on a free transfer arguing the team options in his MLS deal are unenforceable. It's the Turkish thing to do. He's under 23 so they'll still have to agree on comp. though.

45 minutes ago, jpg75 said:

They've probably agreed to terms with Cyle and his mgmt. team. I predict they'll attempt to sign to him on a free transfer arguing the team options in his MLS deal are unenforceable. It's the Turkish thing to do. He's under 23 so they'll still have to agree on comp. though.

"The club will end this transfer free of charge during the black-whites inter-transfer period, which contract with the Orlando City contract will end in January. According to reports in the British press, Cyle Larin, who made an agreement with Beşiktaş, has rejected the new contract offer from his club."

https://www.vatandanhaber.com/spor/besiktasa-22lik-golcu-cyle-larin-h59768.html

Note: A lot of the reports (even CNN) cite a British article I am yet to find. One Turkish source says the original report comes from the Daily Express anyone else wanna take a look?

Edited by matty

1 hour ago, matty said:

Dudes did anyone see the reports out of Turkey? They're saying the deal is done

https://www.besiktashaberleri.com/besiktas-cyle-larin-transferini-bitiriyor/

Via Google:Besiktas's Canadian star Atiba Hutchinson proposed to the club Cyle Larin is said to have completed the transfer. Black and white, who defeated Porto 3-1 on the Champions League last night, continues their transfer work between the circuits. In the days we were in the British press, news came out that Beşiktaş was interested in young footballers.

•  

Preliminary deal with Cyle Larin

According to the fanatic newspaper, the black-and-white club has signed a preliminary agreement with young footballer for 4.5 years and will sign an official contract in January.It was noted that the members of the transfer committee were determined to complete this transfer because they saw a 22-year-old soccer player's potential high.

The 22-year-old Canadian scorer who played in Orlando City scored 8 goals in 17 games in the United States League last season, making 1 assist.

EDIT: CNN Turkey are also reporting it it seems https://www.cnnturk.com/spor/futbol/besiktas-kanadali-golcuyu-bitirdi

Well if true this is a good move for Larin. Plus he will have Hutchinson with him to ease into this team. Hope the team makes it far in the Champions league and Larin has a heck of a tournament. Oh I don't think he would be involved right? If he can that would be awesome to see him start or off the bench playing the Champion League games. Although I did think Germany would of been ideal as well.

Also not if he makes it big time... MLS would love to have him back, but if CPL does well maybe he goes there instead to raise CPL profile....

Edited by Scorpion26

1 hour ago, matty said:

Someone on Reddit makes a good point, if Larin is turning down Orlando and challenges the MLS options system he may very well find himself blackballed by MLS.

IMO worth the risk if he ends up playing champions league as a result. Also, a lot of incentive for MLS to cut a deal. If you thought Camilo getting poached by Ligue MX was bad PR for their "club options" system and general deviance from global soccer contract norms, I can only imagine how week they would look and destabilizing it would be if their top prospect publicly flip them the finger as he walks out on a free.

1 hour ago, Scorpion26 said:

Well if true this is a good move for Larin. Plus he will have Hutchinson with him to ease into this team. Hope the team makes it far in the Champions league and Larin has a heck of a tournament. Oh I don't think he would be involved right? If he can that would be awesome to see him start or off the bench playing the Champion League games. Although I did think Germany would of been ideal as well.

Also not if he makes it big time... MLS would love to have him back, but if CPL does well maybe he goes there instead to raise CPL profile....

Larin would be eligible to be part of the Champions League squad

Yeah I think Negredo is the current back up and Larin is definitely behind him, but you never know what can happen if he makes the most of his opportunity. He was suppose to be behind DP and Honduran internation Bryan Rochez in his first year, scored his first game after not getting off the bench for the first 4 matches, and the rest is history.

4.5 years is an investment though so perhaps he will go out on loan elsewhere in the Turkish league where be can play regularly and score goals and then perhaps a year from his initial singing they can recall a 10-15 goal scorer who knows the league.

Anyways just speculating and we don't even know if this in fact will happen but I hope he gets out of the sinking ship that is Orlando and the Turkish league is probably the right step up in terms of quality. Fabian Castillo who was outstanding for Dallas seems to get minutes for Tanzonspor but is not as prominent as he was in MLS so perhaps that's an indication that Turkey will surely challenge Cyle without completely overcoming him.

Edited by Obinna

18 hours ago, canta15 said:

Anyone who thinks Larin is going to start most games is delusional

Turkish league has opportunities however. Many games against weak teams in the league. For the Cup they play group stages, with like one other 1st tier team and then 2nd tier teams in the group. So there are chances, and then, since they resolve games handily, there is time to sub on for 30 minutes. Portugual would be a similar set up. I like it as an option for him. 

5 hours ago, Mike Thompson said:

IMO i don't think he's ready for European Football! He has the quality and talent but still has lots to prove. Would much rather see him play in the MLS until he's 25 then go as a more experienced player

If he has the quality and talent he just needs the stage to prove it. Staying in MLS does him no good if he has the quality and talent to play at a higher level. He would miss out on millions of €, he would miss the opportunity for Atiba to help him settle, he would miss the opportuntity to train with top class players everyday(learn from top class strikers too) . Imagine getting kicked by Pepe everyday in training.....you're going to become a better player. Turning down one of the top European leagues to play in MLS for 3 more years is absolute madness in my opinion. If he fails in europe, by the time hes 25 he will still have good years to come back to MLS and revive his career here.

8 hours ago, Mike Thompson said:

IMO i don't think he's ready for European Football! He has the quality and talent but still has lots to prove. Would much rather see him play in the MLS until he's 25 then go as a more experienced player

If he was 25, less teams would want him