2018 FIFA WCQ CONCACAF Rd 4, Matchday 4: Tues 29 Mar 2016, Canada @ Mexico, 1030pm ET, 730pm PT

Yohan

• Replies 460
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Game set match.  I honestly think if Canada really wants to pull a miracle, Floro and the CSA fly down to Uruguay and promise Cavallini a Porsche and anything else he desires??  Larin is too green and I want somebody else that can definitely score goals.  Floro better shove it and give Cavallini a starting job.

1 minute ago, canta15 said:

There fucking booing. Spoiled pricks.

1 minute ago, canta15 said:

There fucking booing. Spoiled pricks.

The fact that they are booing is a good sign, when they play Honduras, they will have to put on a show.

3 minutes ago, king1010 said:

This is actually good for us. Just goes to show mexican fans and media wont accept a half assed peformance against honduras 

That is what i said before i am just mad at how spoiled they actually are.

5 minutes ago, canta15 said:

That is what i said before i am just mad at how spoiled they actually are.

maybe the Mexico fans were just as disappointed with Canada's performance as the rest of us on this board.  They were just showing their support for the voyageurs with all that booing.  But I am glad that the Honduras game is in Mexico.  If it was in Honduras I don't think Mexico would give a shite.  But they will play for the win at home

A 2-0 loss at Azteca isn't bad. Where we messed up in this round is letting Mexico beat us by more in Vancouver. If we kept that score under control, we'd be looking better. We could even lose in Honduras and thump El Salvador at home, then go through on goal differential.

Pressure is on Honduras to beat us next match. If they don't, their qualifying campaign is virtually done. At least we'd have El Salvador at home to make up points and goal differential.

Akindele was a nice spark plug when subbed on in the last 10 minutes. He deserves to be on more imo. I'd even start him over Larin in Honduras (Not sure if he plays complete striker or just a winger?). He's more pesky and will give the Honduran defense problems. In any case, I wouldn't expect much from Larin in that match, so he can't be worst.

That performance should give the team some encouragement heading into Honduras. It was far more organized defensively and they should be expecting to be able to pull out a draw and shoot for a win - playing that style.. No suspensions heading into that game is also a bonus - I was certain someone was going to get suspended. Ledgerwood's yellow should be rescinded as he was the one fouled on the play.

The CSA needs to take the two million or whatever it was they made from the Mexico match and organize more friendlies before the September matches - a one game prep against a European team isn't going to cut it.

Not bad. Not great either but better than Friday's game. 

Good: De Jong, James (pretty good actually), Hutch, Larin

Bad: Johnson (he had the chance to clear that 2nd goal  I think), Hoillett wasn't great 

Happy: that Ricketts didn't play - he was awful on Friday. 

Over all, this is better than the 4 or 5 goal pasting I was expecting. 

On to Honduras, Aird should get called if he keeps playing like he has been. I hope Borjan is starting for a good team in a good league by that point. Hell, I should say that for most of our players actually. 

Finally, unlike some of you I think Floro is doing ok. He is working with what he's got. As they say: you can't shine shit. 

Was really angry but now hhhmmm.... we went to Azteca and only lost 2-0 ( 70-30 possession lol) could have been a helluva a lot worse.  They scored on a PK and a 1v5 aided by horrendous WJ ball watching.  In WJ defense maybe he is use to Edgar, who maybe comes storming in and boots it away. I don't blame James for the mis tackle either. Really looked like WJ should have made a play on the ball.....hhmm unfamiliarity amongst each other maybe?

Mexico has gone undefeated and hasnt even conceded a goal this round, we had that chance in Vancouver! Glad ELS tied Honduras at Home!

Also LOL at  Mexican fans booing.  Time for a score run up for the Mexicans vs Honduras!!!

100% agree we will see how far have we come since the 8-1 thumping.  Honestly wouldn't even hate the box to box mid as hutch-airfield-piette. With hoilet & tesho on the wings or a jackson, petrasso, froese,osorio (wings)

I've been watching for a while and there are a few things I don't understand. 

1. 4-1-4-1 What the hell is this? Is this the "defense+midfield and no attack and no scoring chance" formation? If there's no one to cross, wtf? The forward corner positions are of ultimate importance for scoring and we've left that empty?

2. That brings me to why no one on the team can cross? Not on the field and not on corners.

3. Which brings me to why no one can do corners? Every single person on the team should be able to kick the ball directly into the net from the corner or put it anywhere they want in the box 100% of the time. None of them can.

4. Which brings me to why they didn't even try to use the corner kicks? Three corners and not a single ball in the box?

5. What is wrong with Piette? Not once was he able to keep the ball when a Mexican player challenged him.

6. What is wrong with Larin? He cannot receive the ball and cannot kick the ball. What is he doing on the team?

7. Suppose a coach were trying to ensure that Canada not win, what would they do differently than what Floro is doing? Now, I would never ever say this is what he is doing. I'm asking an honest question. As a hypothetical, what would you do differently to ruin Canada's chances? 4-1-4-1 is a good start, but Floro is doing that. Not taking corners is another good start. We're doing that too. Disconnected defense and midfielders is yet another good tactic. Check. Having a lone striker and no crossers is a perfect way to never score. Check. Especially with a striker that can neither receive nor kick the ball. So much so that Mexico always has 8+ players in Canada's half. Short of removing the goalkeeper, what is there that can be done?

8. Why is it that all players don't know the basics of football? They can't cross, the strikers always do air balls, there's no give and go. They can't do corners. They can't do headers... on the rare occasions that they do get a good cross. The passing is ok and much improved from past years, sure. But it's just abysmal.

I don't get it. If we can't score, we can't win. Simple as that. If our strikers aren't doing the job, they need to be replaced, but we never see any shakeup. Also, when the opposing team gets a shot on net, the players are supposed to be VERY VERY angry. But no one is. There is no sense of urgency. No aggressiveness at all.

There are better players in Canada. This much is certain. You can get players that can cross. You can get players that can do corners. You can get players that can do all the basics of football that no one on this team can do.

But first, the coach needs to believe and actually set up the team to win.

We're not making the Hex. There's just no way. We can't tie in Honduras unless we get a very lucky goal or Honduras makes some very extreme mistakes because we're set up from the start to lose in every way, shape and form.

2 minutes ago, Boominbooty said:

Not bad. Not great either but better than Friday's game. 

Good: De Jong, James (pretty good actually), Hutch, Larin

Bad: Johnson (he had the chance to clear that 2nd goal  I think), Hoillett wasn't great 

Happy: that Ricketts didn't play - he was awful on Friday. 

Over all, this is better than the 4 or 5 goal pasting I was expecting. 

On to Honduras, Aird should get called if he keeps playing like he has been. I hope Borjan is starting for a good team in a good league by that point. Hell, I should say that for most of our players actually. 

Finally, unlike some of you I think Floro is doing ok. He is working with what he's got. As they say: you can't shine shit. 

I'd like to see a game with Jakovic, Edgar, James, De Jong as our defensive line.

Archived