2018 FIFA WCQ CONCACAF Rd 4, Matchday 4: Tues 29 Mar 2016, Canada @ Mexico, 1030pm ET, 730pm PT

• Replies 460
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

5 minutes ago, canta15 said:

If they get carded during the Honduras game will they miss El Salvador?

yes sir. 

if hoilett picked up a yellow last night he would have missed the azteca game. but his slate would have been wiped clean so he wouldn't miss honduras or el salvador. 

de vos said on air he would have had hoilett take a professional foul to sit out mexico away and wipe his slate clean

Edited by king1010

While I know it's completely unrealistic, it'd be pretty hilarious to see complete commitment to the bus: 5-3-1-1 style

Borjan

Ledgerwood - Henry - Edgar - Vitoria - de Jong (D)

Piette - Hutchinson - Straith (CDM)

Johnson (CM)

Larin (ST)

Obviously we'd wouldn't last 90 minutes if we had no outlet other than hoofing it to Larin and praying, but it would be an interesting test of the complete turtle

Edited by Complete Homer

Well, let's see what these guys are made of.  And, let's see what Senor Floro can do because this requires some big time coaching acumen.  I was very surprised that the in-mid-season Edgar didn't start but I'll guess he will replace Straith.  If he doesn't, you wonder what the tone of the room will be.  

With Arfield out and Hoilett possibly on the bench because of his card situation, this might be a true bus parking match.

If Canada can stay compact and keep their shape, a result is not impossible.

But they need a performance similar to that vs. Colombia in NYC, Costa Rica in Toronto or the friendly vs. Panama in Panama City.

Absorb pressure, and take advantage of a dead ball when you can.

Edited by Sébastien

We are basically through to the hex unless tomorrow goes like this: Mexico beats Canada AND Honduras beats El Salvador.

If that does not happen, Canada will only need at least 2 points from its final 2 games to make the hex assuming Mexico wins out. Only scenario we don't go through with at least 2 points is ES win tomorrow and we lose to ES at home

So basically I will go to bed happy tomorrow if Mexico wins 5-0 and Honduras ties 1-1

7 minutes ago, Sébastien said:

If Canada can stay compact and keep their shape, a result is not impossible.

But they need a performance similar to that vs. Colombia in NYC, Costa Rica in Toronto or the friendly vs. Panama in Panama City.

Absorb pressure, and take advantage of a dead ball when you can.

Concentrate, never lose your mark and block all shots possible while you're at it. Really, our guys should not have let in those three goals and I'm sure they can do better.