2018 FIFA WCQ CONCACAF Rd 4, Matchday 4: Tues 29 Mar 2016, Canada @ Mexico, 1030pm ET, 730pm PT

Yohan

• Replies 460
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 minutes ago, lazlo_80 said:

we don't need to score away.

we've proven we can score at home to a better team than El Salvador.

Again, don't let me stop the tears from falling in your beer (as Ryan pointed out that's part of the fun)

but we'll all dust ourselves off after this. Buy into the hype in september and still have meaningful soccer to watch.

Maybe other people were expecting a different result from this round.

Frankly I thought we were going to lose the entire time and that draw between El Salvador and Honduras was a blessing. We have a shot. Me and you can argue about how full the glass is but we have a shot.

Again, feel free to abandon the team here, but I don't think you can say "well we got swept by Mexico, which means we'll never tie a crap Honduras team". Just my two cents.

You know, the tie against El Salvador was OK for me.  I didn't expect Canada to lose 3-0 twice or close to it.  Honduras only lost at home 2-0 to Mexico and they beat a weak El Salvador team at home 2-0.  Honduras coach is smarter than Floro as he knows that goal differential is key to winning.  We should've bunkered at BC Place, played to a 0-0 draw and right now, we'd be intact.  The goal differential will be the main factor to knock us out.  Also just like the last WCQ campaign, we don't have anybody scoring goals for us when it counts.

Why is everyone lining up to jump off a bridge. Did we really expect to get anything from two games v Mexico? Did we really expect four points to be enough. Nothing has changed this week. We've always needed something out of our last two. We've always needed Mexico to beat everyone else. 

4 minutes ago, lazlo_80 said:

we don't need to score away.

we've proven we can score at home to a better team than El Salvador.

Again, don't let me stop the tears from falling in your beer (as Ryan pointed out that's part of the fun)

but we'll all dust ourselves off after this. Buy into the hype in september and still have meaningful soccer to watch.

Maybe other people were expecting a different result from this round.

Frankly I thought we were going to lose the entire time and that draw between El Salvador and Honduras was a blessing. We have a shot. Me and you can argue about how full the glass is but we have a shot.

Again, feel free to abandon the team here, but I don't think you can say "well we got swept by Mexico, which means we'll never tie a crap Honduras team". Just my two cents.

We could argue the likelihood till the end of days, but I'll just say cheers for the positivity and I hope you're right!

1 minute ago, nolbertos said:

You know, the tie against El Salvador was OK for me.  I didn't expect Canada to lose 3-0 twice or close to it.  Honduras only lost at home 2-0 to Mexico and they beat a weak El Salvador team at home 2-0.  Honduras coach is smarter than Floro as he knows that goal differential is key to winning.  We should've bunkered at BC Place, played to a 0-0 draw and right now, we'd be intact.  The goal differential will be the main factor to knock us out.  Also just like the last WCQ campaign, we don't have anybody scoring goals for us when it counts.

I agree with alot of what you're saying about the strange tactics in Vancouver. If we get knocked out it will certainly be due to goal differential. I'm just saying...I think we could bunker in Honduras and come out of there with the draw.

Just now, trueviking said:

Why is everyone lining up to jump off a bridge. Did we really expect to get anything from two games v Mexico? Did we really expect four points to be enough. Nothing has changed this week. We've always needed something out of our last two. We've always needed Mexico to beat everyone else. 

It's one thing to lose to Mexico.  It's another than we lose a combined 5 or 6 goals differential against them. I seriously doubt that Floro thought he'd lose badly both matches against Mexico.

2 minutes ago, trueviking said:

It is just how we are losing that is making everyone mad ( stupid xi decision, stupid play mentality)

3 minutes ago, trueviking said:

The reality of failing to win in ES is finally settling for everyone who was drunk on the kook-aid back in Nov. That and Floro coaching like someone suffering from senility has everyone on edge.

Now we get down to business. Start the campaign to fire Floro and put that 8 figure war chest to use. There is too much at risk to not risk using some of that money on a better coach.

Archived