2018 FIFA WCQ CONCACAF Rd 4, Matchday 4: Tues 29 Mar 2016, Canada @ Mexico, 1030pm ET, 730pm PT

Yohan

• Replies 460
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, king1010 said:

ya. but he can sure alienate one of our most dedicated players by making him ride pine for no fucking reason

can cause problems in the locker room

I totally agree with that

3 minutes ago, kingvikingstad said:

Crashing out of this campaign. Crazy how much can change in half a week. 

Anyone who has watched enough CMNT knew how badly the result in ES was. Now we're seeing why.

After watching the first half of ES-HON in Honduras, I just don't see us getting a point there. It would take one of the greatest draws in CMNT history, quite honestly.

they need to do something more than they normally do to get to the hex. I think a tie in Honduras and a win at home to El Salv is a fair requirement to get there.

Oh well I think you can almost start saying goodbye to the Hex, we are going to have to almost win in Honduras , highly unlucky, and of course then beat El Salvador at home, it's just too damn bad would have loved to have seen what kind of hype this team could have built with the casual fans and mainstream media man this sucks . 

1 minute ago, KMB said:

let's be honest, no matter what Floro did tonight would have made a difference. Even if we had Jesus as a coach, even he couldn't produce that big of a miracle that could get us a result against Mexico

Much like the loss in Vancouver - it isn't that we lose, it is HOW we lose.  Tonight, the 2 goals resulted from

- a bonehead penalty conceded by a gaffe-prone player being played out of position and selected in front of much better players.

- 5 guys watching an attacker chase the ball, do a pirouette, and bury it.

Yes, we expect to lose against Mexico.  But not like that.

Just now, 1996 said:

Oh well I think you can almost start saying goodbye to the Hex, we are going to have to almost win in Honduras , highly unlucky, and of course then beat El Salvador at home, it's just too damn bad would have loved to have seen what kind of hype this team could have built with the casual fans and mainstream media man this sucks . 

draw and win could very well do it

Why can't Cyle Larin trap a simple ball in a Canada jersey, but he can score a goal every game in Orlando?

Its got nothing to do with service, he can't do anything when he plays for Canada. His finishing is awful, his shielding of the ball is bad, his passing is bad, everything.

2 minutes ago, jpg75 said:

It doesn't even matter. We're fucked for GD so we need to draw in Honduras ?, beat ES at home and hope for Honduras to not win at Azteca.

Wait, if we tie H in game 5 and H lose to Mexico, then H ends with 5 points.  We could get to 6 points with another draw vs. ES. No?

2 minutes ago, jpg75 said:

It doesn't even matter. We're fucked for GD so we need to draw in Honduras ?, beat ES at home and hope for Honduras to not win at Azteca.

so it does matter.

1 minute ago, lazlo_80 said:

they need to do something more than they normally do to get to the hex. I think a tie in Honduras and a win at home to El Salv is a fair requirement to get there.

Sure, but the point everyone who is griping is trying to make is that it was completely unnecessary for us to need that road draw if we had accepted the gift handed to us with the ES player strike. Inexcusable.

As depressed as I am right now, let's not lose hope already about the Hex.  Still two games to play, we are still in a decent position to qualify.  Let's hope team selection is better in september though.  But let's not give up on Canada yet

1 minute ago, Soccerpro said:

Why can't Cyle Larin trap a simple ball in a Canada jersey, but he can score a goal every game in Orlando?

Its got nothing to do with service, he can't do anything when he plays for Canada. His finishing is awful, his shielding of the ball is bad, his passing is bad, everything.

Disagree. Larin has been one of the best players on the field tonight imo.

Basically alone, has succesfully pressured Mexican defenders on long balls into awkward situations, was able to get us two corner kicks, and is making positive runs on balls that don't get to him.

He and De Jong are playing as good a game as I could expect them to under the circumstances.

Unfortunately, Floro seems determined to make sure Larin can never get his head onto a dead ball whipped into the box.

1 minute ago, jpg75 said:

Sure, but the point everyone who is griping is trying to make is that it was completely unnecessary for us to need that road draw if we had accepted the gift handed to us with the ES player strike. Inexcusable.

We have 1 goal in 4 games. That goal was a header that bounced off a Canadian player's back, who was lying on the ground.

Ill let that settle in.

4 minutes ago, king1010 said:

so it does matter. we need mexico to get a result against honduras

2 minutes ago, canta15 said:

so it does matter.

No. We don't need Mexico to WIN, we need them to not LOSE. Check what you said.

Archived