WCQ - Canada vs. Mexico Mar. 25th, 2016 Pre-Game Thread

BrennanFan

• Replies 646
  • Created
  • Last Reply

That's exactly the starting line-up I thought we'd see, except maybe not Straith but one of Edgar or Vittoria. I'm not surprised by Arfield not starting, I wouldn't be surprised if he replaces Julian at half-time or early in the 2nd and Ricketts plays the whole game.

3 minutes ago, aloyol said:

True. He was very good in that game. That being said, considering he's been injured for a long time and hasn't seen much PT in big games lately, I'm a little nervous with him starting.

Well, it was him or an out of season Ledgerwood. Take your pick.

To all the committed Voyageurs supporters, your dedication and support of Canadian Soccer is off the charts. I'm thinking of the guy who comes into town from Edmonton with 100's of flags, and finds other supporters to purchase poles, and others, to ensure they aren't damaged prior to kick off. I have been around for a very long time, don't say much, but if your positive support was an indicator of match success, Canada wins today.

Well done to all of you, now its up to the players.

Just now, gardencity said:

To all the committed Voyageurs supporters, your dedication and support of Canadian Soccer is off the charts. I'm thinking of the guy who comes into town from Edmonton with 100's of flags, and finds other supporters to purchase poles, and others, to ensure they aren't damaged prior to kick off. I have been around for a very long time, don't say much, but if your positive support was an indicator of match success, Canada wins today.

Well done to all of you, now its up to the players.

What about that guy who travels all the way from his kitchen to his couch with a bottle of wine and a laptop?  Do I get a shoutout too?

3 minutes ago, Footscray said:

Jesus... anybody else using TSN GO?  Every channel works for me except tsn2, I'm getting a you must purchase a subcription message - only for that channel.  FML.  Hopefully it has something to do with lacrosse blackout?

working for me...I'm using it through website not app

As much as the optimist in me would love to see Arfield rip Mexico a new one on a magical debut, I have to think that Floro:

A- knows more about footy than I do

B- knows the current state of the team (and its ability to execute his system) better than I do.

Thus I am not going to criticize his team selection - yet.  And if either A or B isn't true, we're fucked anyway.

Ricketts starting over Arfield? Lets hope he has a hell of a performance because if we don't get any goals i know where I'm pointing my finger.

Archived