WCQ - Canada vs. Mexico Mar. 25th, 2016 Pre-Game Thread

BrennanFan

5 hours ago, Unnamed Trialist said:

That is not bookmakers deciding odds, it is betters deciding odds. I never get how this is not understood.

Obviously, sorry if I did not explain clearly.  The betting public is showing support to Canada on bet365, nothing wrong with that, and forced bet365 to adjust odds.  Opening the window the most you could bet on the game at the time with those odds was $636.  I guess you could bet more and bet365 would refer your bet over that amount to a trader.  

On sites that take BIG action pinnacle.com (5 figures +), and monarchsports.co(6 figures+) they did not even open the odds for this game until yesterday.  Both those sites opened below the original 7.5-1.  Did they reference off bet365 bettors action or did they set their own line? maybe, maybe not, who knows.

Regardless, all I was trying to point out is that we are no longer 7.5-1 underdogs for the outright win. Bet365 adjusted to public wagering and the Big action sites set and opened well below 7.5-1.  Pinnacle sitting 6.6-1 & monarch 5.5-1.  The intriguing bet on pinnacle is CANADA +1 at 1.86-1.  Canada wins you win, Canada ties you win, Canada loses by 1 you get your $$ back.  That bet I like and at 1.86-1. :) 

REGARDLESS.... I don't care if we are 10-1 let's get a result boys!!!!

• Replies 646
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 minutes ago, apbsmith said:

Obviously, sorry if I did not explain clearly.  The betting public is showing support to Canada on bet365, nothing wrong with that, and forced bet365 to adjust odds.  Opening the window the most you could bet on the game at the time with those odds was $636.  I guess you could bet more and bet365 would refer your bet over that amount to a trader.  

On sites that take BIG action pinnacle.com (5 figures +), and monarchsports.co(6 figures+) they did not even open the odds for this game until yesterday.  Both those sites opened below the original 7.5-1.  Did they reference off bet365 bettors action or did they set their own line? maybe, maybe not, who knows.

Regardless, all I was trying to point out is that we are no longer 7.5-1 underdogs for the outright win. Bet365 adjusted to public wagering and the Big action sites set and opened well below 7.5-1.  Pinnacle sitting 6.6-1 & monarch 5.5-1.  The intriguing bet on pinnacle is CANADA +1 at 1.86-1.  Canada wins you win, Canada ties you win, Canada loses by 1 you get your $$ back.  That bet I like and at 1.86-1. :) 

REGARDLESS.... I don't care if we are 10-1 let's get a result boys!!!!

Well explained, better than I could do. BTW, do you have any stats on whether Canadians are big online betters, comparably, per capita? Just interested. I get the feeling, for example, that Mexicans are not. 

I personally find it abhorrent you could bet on your own team, to go to a match thinking about your bet and not about the sports, terrible. One of the reasons I stopped playing the pools in Spain years ago, I mean, late Sunday evening hoping Elche draws away to Numancia--who the fck cares?

23 minutes ago, Unnamed Trialist said:

Well explained, better than I could do. BTW, do you have any stats on whether Canadians are big online betters, comparably, per capita? Just interested. I get the feeling, for example, that Mexicans are not. 

I personally find it abhorrent you could bet on your own team, to go to a match thinking about your bet and not about the sports, terrible. One of the reasons I stopped playing the pools in Spain years ago, I mean, late Sunday evening hoping Elche draws away to Numancia--who the fck cares?

Found this article for you... can't speak for all Canadians, but the Canadians that do bet,  ~15B a year in offshore/bookies!?  Nothing illegal about offshore in Canada. Betting with a bookie in Canada, that is illegal.

http://www.theglobeandmail.com/report-on-business/debate-over-sports-betting-bill-shines-light-on-billion-dollar-grey-zone/article22730609/

LOL on 130 different bookmakers taking bets on the CSL.

Anyways back on topic. 

Can the game start already!

40 minutes ago, Joe MacCarthy said:

I'm wondering what was drawn from that last minute loss to the Americans, a good lesson I hope, fight to the end.

When that goal happened, Floro actually showed some emotion.  I agree, hope it was a great lesson for the squad.

After watching south American qualifying yesterday 3/4 games had an extra time goal, all 3 of those goals were game changing results.

Hello to everyone in this thread! I have been a Voyageur member for a long time although i never post anything, I am from Mexico, and currently live in Mex, i used to live in Canada for a couple years long time ago, 2002 - 2003 for part of my Highschool, anyway i just wanted to say that i have been following Canadian Soccer since, as i played in my senior years of highschool for the school team and i must say that back then i was really impressed by the potential that there is in Canada, and i love to see that finally it seems that the Canadian soccer is getting to the masses, this game is going to be HUGE for that!!! 

I have barely even been able to sleep this whole week i just cant wait for it to start, today is the day!!! Wish you guys luck, I hope that tonight we get a good and fair game.

PS. Obviously today's game is hard for me beacuse I love Canada so much, and tonight I have to cheer for Mexico, but dont get me wrong in every other chance when its not against the country i was born in, I am Canadian in my heart.

ohh... other thing i know some of you are comming to the Azteca game next week, i dont live in Mexico city but i have family and friends there, if there is anything you might need or you guys get in trouble or anything just give me a call I promise i will try to help out (cellphone / whatsapp +52 1 4772077900), and also if you ever come to central Mexico to the state of Guanajuato give me a call, perhaps we could go out for a beer and have a good FUTBOL!! chat.

take care guys!

11 minutes ago, Lucho.Sevilla said:

Hello to everyone in this thread! I have been a Voyageur member for a long time although i never post anything, I am from Mexico, and currently live in Mex, i used to live in Canada for a couple years long time ago, 2001 - 2003 for part of my Highschool, anyway i just wanted to say that i have been following Canadian Soccer since, as i played in my senior years of highschool for the school team and i must say that back then i was really impressed by the potential that there is in Canada, and i love to see that finally it seems that the Canadian soccer is getting to the masses, this game is going to be HUGE for that!!! 

I have barely even been able to sleep this whole week i just cant wait for it to start, today is the day!!! Wish you guys luck, I hope that tonight we get a good and fair game.

PS. Obviously today's game is hard for me beacuse I love Canada so much, and tonight I have to cheer for Mexico, but dont get me wrong in every other chance when its not against the country i was born in, I am Canadian in my heart.

ohh... other thing i know some of you are comming to the Azteca game next week, i dont live in Mexico city but i have family and friends there, if there is anything you might need or you guys get in trouble or anything just give me a call I promise i will try to help out (cellphone / whatsapp +52 1 4772077900), and also if you ever come to central Mexico to the state of Guanajuato give me a call, perhaps we could go out for a beer and have a good FUTBOL!! chat.

take care guys!

This guy is a top lad! 

FML. That was a brutal drive mates! Some parts foggy and Snow Ice packed. In town presently but can't check in til 2pm so if you ask yourselves at the pitch whose that zombie it's me! 

Oh and my hostel is right beside a Mexican bar Chihuahua what are the chances!? Covert Ops? Fuck I'm tired! Hey it's game day!!!!!!!!!!!

1 hour ago, Lucho.Sevilla said:

Hello to everyone in this thread! I have been a Voyageur member for a long time although i never post anything, I am from Mexico, and currently live in Mex, i used to live in Canada for a couple years long time ago, 2002 - 2003 for part of my Highschool, anyway i just wanted to say that i have been following Canadian Soccer since, as i played in my senior years of highschool for the school team and i must say that back then i was really impressed by the potential that there is in Canada, and i love to see that finally it seems that the Canadian soccer is getting to the masses, this game is going to be HUGE for that!!! 

take care guys!

respect

13 minutes ago, Admiral Murray said:

Beat Mexico

Respect for your great name Admiral and some inspiring words that actually apply to today

2zzugxf.jpg

"Experience had taught me this: to find out what you’re capable of, it is only necessary to get a chance to do it—and someone else must have enough confidence in you to provide that chance. I did my best to give them the opportunity to find their own feet and they did it. Once having tasted success they never looked back. What a blessing that we had the bright young peoples to accept this kind of responsibility".

Rear Admiral L.W. Murray was the only Canadian officer in charge of an Allied theatre of operations during WWII  commanding all Canadian and Allied air and naval forces involved in convoy protection in that area.

Archived