WCQ - Canada vs. Mexico Mar. 25th, 2016 Pre-Game Thread

BrennanFan

It's a joy supporting our national team with you all, much love. 

To those going to the game, enjoy it..don't stop supporting until after the game is over, no matter what and fcking enjoying it....there are few moments like this for us. 

For those enjoy with friends and family, soak it up and speak proudly of our team and supporters. 

I'll be watching with a large group of Mexicans in mexico city. I have made a deal with all, if canada wins or draws they take a picture with my canada kit and post to their social media. 

I love this game, love our country! 

• Replies 646
  • Created
  • Last Reply
4 hours ago, Greatest Cockney Rip Off said:

Question for the uk / euro folk, are you staying up all night or sleeping for a bit and walking up before kick off?

Hahahaha as if I could sleep right now. 

11 minutes ago, gardencity said:

I don't care how many Mexican supporters you are seeing, if the guys in the Red kit are "disappointed" that they didn't get 75% of those in attendance supporting the home team, then start winning important games and that will change.

Fair point

2 minutes ago, king1010 said:

No edgar. No arfield

Not surprised about Arfield starting on the bench. Those wingers are going to have to do a lot of defending and Ricketts is actually fairly effective at that part of the job, not to mention that he can run for days.

Edgar must be a health issue.

1 minute ago, jonovision said:

Not surprised about Arfield starting on the bench. Those wingers are going to have to do a lot of defending and Ricketts is actually fairly effective at that part of the job, not to mention that he can run for days.

Edgar must be a health issue.

Id have starter arfield at home ricketts away

Just now, Footscray said:

Not really pumped about JDG and Ricketts in the starting lineup.  But just get 3 points and the details are history.

Maybe this is the game Ricketts finally shows he's up to the level of top Concacaf teams.

Jdg is fine. Straith and ricketts tho. Jakovic and straith as CB. I dunno. 

2 minutes ago, Floortom said:

Edgar is healthy- Floro is just going back to what worked versus Honduras and SLV.

Henry at right back is scary. Mex's wings could have a field day vs. Dejong and Henry

Henry has had some bad games at RB but also a few very good ones. We'll see soon enough.

1 minute ago, El Hombre said:

Did alright defensively against Colombia.

True. He was very good in that game. That being said, considering he's been injured for a long time and hasn't seen much PT in big games lately, I'm a little nervous with him starting.

Archived