Guardado, 29, PSV (1 goal)

D:

Aguilar, 30, America (2 goals)

Marquez, 37, Atlas (1 goal)

Moreno,  28, PSV (4 goals)

Layun, 27, Porto (3 goals)

G:

Talavera, 33, Toluca

Was just watching this. That is Ramos I think, he argues that Marquez will play beside Moreno, and that the Mexicans will apply the same tactic used in the last year and a half: attack along five lanes, and worry about attacking not the rival. 

I think if we have Marquez and Moreno, who are more skilled than really physical backs, a bit slow, Marquez hurting even and ageing, we could do damage. Both rely on anticipation and smartness rather than pure physicality, and Moreno goes down easily, so you have to exploit that. 

This video analysis is here: http://espndeportes.espn.go.com/futbol/mundial/nota/_/id/2626578/el-tri-llegara-por-la-noche-a-vancouver

They say Mexico arrives tonight, trains at UBC, will train at BC Place on Thursday. Say we are training at BC Place today, is that right?

We are mentioned in this other ESPN article, as are the Southsiders, in an article saying the stadium could be near full, and that there are 8 thousand Mexicans in the Van area, plus those coming from Seattle and Portland. They interview Mexicans who work in restaurants downtown. They are also predicting rain these days and cold for Friday, sounds good. 

http://espndeportes.espn.go.com/futbol/mundial/nota/_/id/2626571/canada-confia-en-jugar-con-estadio-lleno-frente-a-mexico

Other ESPN Spanish articles are saying that the field should not be an excuse for Mexico, while another analyzes how we are doing under Floro, very respectful in fact. Our training session is open to the press today, at the start and finish; tomorrow both coaches give press conferences:

http://espndeportes.espn.go.com/futbol/mundial/nota/_/id/2626564/la-seleccion-de-canada-ilusionada-con-clasificar-al-hexagonal

3 minutes ago, Unnamed Trialist said:

They say Mexico arrives tonight, trains at UBC, will train at BC Place on Thursday. Say we are training at BC Place today, is that right?

It is, according to the CSA's press availability e-mail. Canada training at BC Place all week.

From a Google Translate of that ESPN Deportes article:

However, the scrum behind the selection of Canada, The Voyageurs, does not want to usurp the tribune of BC Place

I don't even want to know what that's supposed to mean, it's perfect the way it is.

Not that we needed any further motivation to sing our lungs out for the full 90, but Tesho reminds us that, yes, we do make a difference, a real difference to our lads.     

Tesho: "...maybe it’s the 75th minute and guys are getting tired, your legs hurt and you just hear the crowd," he said. "They’re cheering for you, they’re cheering your name, they’re cheering for your country. Just gives you the extra energy to finish the game out."

http://www.goal.com/en-ca/news/4172/canada/2016/03/21/21560612/tesho-akindele-i-think-the-azteca-is-going-to-be-tough?utm_source=facebook.com&utm_medium=referral&utm_campaign=encafb

22 minutes ago, Benjamin Massey said:

From a Google Translate of that ESPN Deportes article:

I don't even want to know what that's supposed to mean, it's perfect the way it is.

Yeah, hilarious, marabunta, that is a word used for tribal rabble rousers, so its perfect!

" Sin embargo, la marabunta detrás de la selección de Canadá, The Voyageurs, no quiere que le usurpen la tribuna del BC Place, especialmente tras la victoria sobre Honduras por 1-0, como detonante para los seguidores escarlatas. "

"However, the throng behind the Canadian national team, The Voyageurs, does not want to see BC Place snatched away from them, especially after the way the scarlet supporters were  charged up by the 1-0 victory over Honduras." 

As for the Southsiders.....

" De hecho, en un tono menos agreste, pero la selección mexicana de Juan Carlos Osorio confrontará a una intensa, organizada, melódica y folklórica arenga por parte de los SouthSiders y sus ramificaciones, que se suman y multiplican a las pretensiones mundialistas desde la llegada de Floro."

"Indeed, though not quite as rough as they are used to, the Mexican team of Juan Carlos Osorio will have to deal with the intensely organized and melodically folkloric chanting of the SouthSiders and their cohorts, who have come together and multiplied as hopes of a World Cup have grown since the arrival of Floro."

My 2 bits....

"All the players and all the staff have a great amount of respect and really are honoured to get the support they do, because you know how difficult it is to garner support in a sport like ours when sometimes its not on the front page all the time.  And to see the passion and to see the energy that came out of that crowd in the Honduras game and also the crowds we've had in the past at BMO in Toronto, the players thrive on it, they want to do well, and they want to do well for those groups and for all Canadians. But just so those supporters know, they know about them and they appreciate them and so do the rest of the staff, and certainly Benito really notices it because he always talks about that sea of red at BC Place." - CMNT Assistant Coach Michael Findlay  

http://www.rednationonline.ca/Podcasts2015/FromtheBlackHoleEpisode72MichaelFindlay.aspx

7 minutes ago, BrennanFan said:

"All the players and all the staff have a great amount of respect and really are honoured to get the support they do, because you know how difficult it is to garner support in a sport like ours when sometimes its not on the front page all the time.  And to see the passion and to see the energy that came out of that crowd in the Honduras game and also the crowds we've had in the past at BMO in Toronto, the players thrive on it, they want to do well, and they want to do well for those groups and for all Canadians. But just so those supporters know, they know about them and they appreciate them and so do the rest of the staff, and certainly Benito really notices it because he always talks about that sea of red at BC Place." - CMNT Assistant Coach Michael Findlay  

http://www.rednationonline.ca/Podcasts2015/FromtheBlackHoleEpisode72MichaelFindlay.aspx

It was great chatting with him. A very forthcoming guy.

2 hours ago, BrennanFan said:

This ESPN pundit predicts the following starting lineup for Mexico:

F:

Hernandez, 27, Leverkusen (14 goals)

Corona, 23, Porto (8 goals)

Aquino, 26, Tigres (7 goals)

M:

Herrera, 25, Porto (7 goals)

Molina, 27, Santos Laguna (0 goals)

Guardado, 29, PSV (1 goal)

D:

Aguilar, 30, America (2 goals)

Marquez, 37, Atlas (1 goal)

Moreno,  28, PSV (4 goals)

Layun, 27, Porto (3 goals)

G:

Talavera, 33, Toluca

If Marquez starts Canada has to exploit his non existant speed.

3 hours ago, Unnamed Trialist said:

Was just watching this. That is Ramos I think, he argues that Marquez will play beside Moreno, and that the Mexicans will apply the same tactic used in the last year and a half: attack along five lanes, and worry about attacking not the rival. 

We are mentioned in this other ESPN article, as are the Southsiders, in an article saying the stadium could be near full, and that there are 8 thousand Mexicans in the Van area, plus those coming from Seattle and Portland. They interview Mexicans who work in restaurants downtown. They are also predicting rain these days and cold for Friday, sounds good. 

http://espndeportes.espn.go.com/futbol/mundial/nota/_/id/2626571/canada-confia-en-jugar-con-estadio-lleno-frente-a-mexico

2 mentions in this article makes it appear the average vancity bloke hasn't yet caught on that the match is on and looks like the local Mexicans are not going for Canada

While immigration personnel at the airport processed with resentments, gulping like a cocktail glass and nails, the explanation that the reporter came to a premundialista game between Mexico and Canada, sealed the passport and added: "But we have many natural beauty, huh? "as if to imply that Vancouver touristically go for a football game was like going to Paris to eat Polish food.

Gabriela, one of the waitress, located two blocks from the stadium, smiled along with eyes and mouth Mexican restaurants. "I already have my ticket. We're ready (they and their coworkers). And we will win."

21 minutes ago, red card said:

Gabriela, one of the waitress, located two blocks from the stadium, smiled along with eyes and mouth Mexican restaurants. "I already have my ticket. We're ready (they and their coworkers). And we will win."

I was a pretty big fan of the google translate above this paragraph

'But Mexicans are ready for battle. Or at least for the emotion. Or technically, as always, ready to riot.

Odds are out as expected Mexico heavy favorite.

As listed per bet365

Canada 7.50 - Tie 4.33 - Mexico 1.36

Canada tie or win pays 3-1

If you are going to go for the Canadian miracle victory you may as well bet the following bet:

DRAW NO BET

6.5-1 Canada

Meaning if the game does end in a tie, your bet becomes voided and you get your $ back. If they win you get 6.5-1 on your bet.

Let's GO Canada!!! :) 

Mexico  are  really   good    and  will  be  a  major  test  for  us  .  But  they  are  not  invincible.  I  think    our  record  against  them  on  home  soil  is  not  bad.  They  have  not  beat  us  on  Canadian   soil  since   1993  I  believe .  wE  ARE  GOING  TO  HAVE  AT  least 40   to   45 thousand  in  attendance  .  A  Canadian  record  for  the  CMNT   I   think .   So  lets  hope  for  the  best  .  Since  this  Holy  week    maybe  I  will  go  to  Church  on  Friday  and  say  a  little  Prayer for  them.    

30 minutes ago, Scottie said:

What I find odd is that we haven't had any mexican fans sign up on here to troll every topic like we have had with Jamaicans and Hondurans in the past.

Did we have that with Hondurans? I don't remember that. I also think that Mexicans have better things to do than go to a Canadian soccer board. 

5 hours ago, JohnnyFranchise said:

Holy sh*t guys,

I'm sitting at yvr picking up some people and I've seen about a dozen mexicanos walking through here, with their annoying green jerseys and all....

.....they went straight for the water fountains to marvel at the miracle of running water. 

Shit. Im getting a bit worried about the makeup of the crowd. 

But i mean thousands of tickets have moved in the past week. Youd think mexicans would have got their tickets way before then. Also the mexican supporters section still has plenty of seats available, unless of course the Mexicans found a way to get around the IP address and purchase in other parts of the stadium

Archived