NEW Mother of all Canucks Abroad (and domestic)

Fussball_eh

22 hours ago, 1998 said:

Newbie here to international football, how much would someone get paid to play in a Hungary 3rd tier league?  Croatia 3rd tier?  Thanks.

Can't say for sure, but starting as low as 2nd division in the Balkans they are paid under the table (cash) on a per game basis. This could be happening in the leagues you are asking about. A per diem for food might also get paid as Shamrock mentioned. In France in the 50's and 60's good lower division players were sometimes given jobs in local businesses owned by the club owner or his friends, this could also be a perk for the leagues you're enquiring about. Hope that helps.

On 10/12/2018 at 3:02 PM, 1998 said:

Newbie here to international football, how much would someone get paid to play in a Hungary 3rd tier league?  Croatia 3rd tier?  Thanks.

Most likely lower than Canadian minimum wage, sorry to say.

If it were not for an apartment from the club, most would not be able to do it. 

Only exceptions are those clubs who have money and/or history and fan base, and are trying to promote for sure into the 2nd tier. 

Most 2nd tiers in Europe pay a proper salary, most third tiers apart from say the better 6-7 leagues are very tight financially. 

On 10/9/2018 at 4:12 PM, Fussball_eh said:

I hope it's fine to post the following message here. If you believe it doesn't belong on the V forum please let me know and I will ask the admins to remove it.

After many years of running Canucks Abroad and this thread with a small team of dedicated volunteers (that include many Voyageurs) I have decided to launch our project on Patreon. Basically it's just an opportunity for stakeholders who use our services to give back financially to compensate us for the countless hours we have invested in keeping the database up to date and the twitter monster fed.

Feel free to check out our Patreon page here: . Please note the database  "Mother Of All Canadians Abroad List" will remain intact, and it's the exact same one we use on our website.

We've also updated www.canucks-abroad.ca recently if that's of interest. Some of you have heard that we launched a #CanPL discord a while ago. It's a little thriving community, feel free to check it out as well.

Happy tracking and see you next Tuesday!

Did a little writeup about what all that means. It was nice meeting many of you in Toronto yesterday. See you at the next game!

Just an update on Alessandro Hojabrpour.  He played for the 1st team of Plovdiv in one or two friendlies this past summer and scored at least one goal.  

Since the season began, he has been playing for the U19 side. 

Edited by Toje

Lucas Dias former Toronto Sporting FC academy player and now Sporting CP academy player has been called up to represent Portugal's sub-15 team. @Fussball_eh your website has him listed as a defender. He often plays the false 9 position on Sporting's U-15. Occasionally, a winger as well. 

Source: He's my godfather's son. You can find his name littered in the Portuguese media here in Toronto.

On 10/2/2015 at 11:02 PM, rob.notenboom said:

How was the original decision on the format for the MOACA made? Was it simply the best format that could be found at the time or were there other reasons given for it to be in that format? I'm afraid my tenure around here doesn't extend back long enough to know how it all came about.

This is the link where the Moaca began to change  from the start it was given by CdnSupporter at BigSoccer, to my wanting to clarify it more.

The above evolved into this

Found the list on the other board. Looks like G-L had the idea before I did.

Edited by Joe MacCarthy

Here is a list from June 2000 - www.canadian-soccer.com

England (13)

Pos.        Name                         Club                      Level           Div.

GK

MF

FW

DF

MF

MF

DF

DF

DF

FW

MF

MF

GK

Craig Forrest

Terry Dunfield

Paul Peschisolido

Jim Brennan

Gordon Chin

Ian Hume

Mark Watson

Marc Bircham

Mark Rogers

Carlo Corazzin

Kevin Sharpe

Mike Klukowski

Dennis Kindel

West Ham United

Manchester City

Fulham

Nottingham Forest

Portsmouth

Tranmere Rovers

Oxford United

Millwall

Wycombe Wanderers

Northampton Town

Wigan Athletic

Doncaster Rovers

Doncaster Rovers

First Team

Reserves

First Team

First Team

Youth

First Team

First Team

First Team

First Team

First Team

First Team

Youth

Youth

Premier

Premier

Conf.

Conf.

Scotland (10)

MF

GK

DF

FW

MF

FW

DF

DF

MF

FW

Nick Dasovic

Pat Onstad

Jason de Vos

Emilio Botiglieri

Russel Huggon

Niall Thompson

Paul Fenwick

Richard Hastings

David Xausa

Simon Vickers

St. Johnstone

Dundee United

Dundee United

Hibernian

Hibernian

Airdrieonians

Raith Rovers

Inverness Caley Thistle

Inverness Caley Thistle

Clyde

First Team

First Team

First Team

Reserves

Reserves

First Team

First Team

First Team

First Team

First Team

Premier

Premier

Premier

Premier

Premier

United States (15)

Portugal (3)

MF

MF

DF

Nilton Terroso

Fernando Aguiar

Bruno Oliveira de Xavier

Sporting Lisbon

Beira Mar

Amora

Reserves

First Team

First Team

I

I

II B South

Germany (7)

MF

MF

FW

FW

GK

GK

DF

Owen Hargreaves

Nicholas Blicharski

Jeremy Sheppard

Paul Stalteri

Wojtek Zarzycki

Lars Hirschfeld

Kevin McKenna

Bayern Munich

Hertha Berlin

Hertha Berlin

Werder Bremen

Werder Bremen

Energie Cottbus

Energie Cottbus

First Team

Youth

Youth

First Team

Youth

Reserves

First Team

Netherlands (2)

GK

DF

Mike Franks

Brad Parker

PSV

Feyenoord

Reserves

First Team

Honour

Honour

France (3)

MF

MF

-

Julian de Guzman

Orlin Chalmers

Serge Epoh

Olympique Marseille

Cannes

Olympique des Aves

Youth

Youth

-

-

Belgium (2)

FW

FW

Tomasz Radzinski

Garret Kusch

RSC Anderlecht

KV Mechelen

First Team

Reserves

Former Yugoslavia (3)

MF

-

FW

Ante Jazic

Josip Bucic

Igor Prostran

Hajduk Split

Hajduk Split

FK Rad

First Team

Youth

-

Croatia 1

Croatia 1

Serbia 1

Elsewhere in Europe (7)

-

MF

MF

FW

FW

MF

DF

Tom Rajabzadeh

Jason Mathot

Rocco Placentino

Gaspare Borselino

Vladimir Edouard

Daniel Imoff

Milan Kojic

SC Eisenstadt

BSV Blad Bleiberg

Foggia

Portenza

Campo Basso

St Gallen

Vasalund EF

Reserves

-

First Team

-

-

First Team

-

Austria 3

Austria

Italy C2

Italy

Italy

Switzerland A

Sweden 1

South America & Asia (2)

DF

MF

Anthony Santos Menezes

Velimir Crljen

Botafogo Rio

Armed Forces

First Team

First Team

Brazil

Singapore 1

2 hours ago, jordan said:

Blicharski and Sheppard disappeared, as many of the youth from that era did.

When I kept the list, I still maintained a list of players who disappeared off this list.  People would be amazed at how many there were and some would post that we didn't have enough quality players to start a Canadian league.  I never worried about that.

There was one player (not on the list above) that I seem to recall Holger was very high on, Kerr McLeod (playing in Holland IIRC).  He was supposed to be the next big thing, wonder what happened to him.

2 minutes ago, Joe MacCarthy said:

When I kept the list, I still maintained a list of players who disappeared off this list.  People would be amazed at how many there were and some would post that we didn't have enough quality players to start a Canadian league.  I never worried about that.

There was one player (not on the list above) that I seem to recall Holger was very high on, Kerr McLeod (playing in Holland IIRC).  He was supposed to be the next big thing, wonder what happened to him.

I don't remember that name but I remember Brad Parker who was playing in Holland and disappeared after being with Feyenoord youth club. He was a big prospect for us. He got some MNT caps at 18-19 years old.

4 minutes ago, aloyol said:

I don't remember that name but I remember Brad Parker who was playing in Holland and disappeared after being with Feyenoord youth club. He was a big prospect for us. He got some MNT caps at 18-19 years old.

Wait, who was the guy at Stevenage then.... ended up in an FA Cup tie, I had to pay $20 to get into a legion that was putting it on TV on Kingsway.

* Looking back I can now appreciate how insane people thought I was.

8 minutes ago, aloyol said:

He refused callups and was the eponymous victim of the Brad Parker curse.  Misfortune would fall on anyone who refused callups (until the Ho)

1 hour ago, admin said:

Wait, who was the guy at Stevenage then.... ended up in an FA Cup tie, I had to pay $20 to get into a legion that was putting it on TV on Kingsway.

* Looking back I can now appreciate how insane people thought I was.

Khaska Walker? 

Ah, those were the days!  Dark days for Canadian soccer, but still fondly remembered.