NEW Mother of all Canucks Abroad (and domestic)

Fussball_eh

• 2 weeks later...

Manny Aparicio has signed with San Roque de Lepe of Spanish 4th tier. That is Division 10 of Tercera, in western Andalusia. 

If you recall he was released by Izarra in early July.

That is strawberry country in southern Spain. From what they say he has been on trial for a while, and was signed this week, did not appear on the roster for last week's season opener.

http://www.lapreferente.com/J210826/manny-aparicio.html

Just now, Toje said:

Yes, good find. I saw Socuellamos a few years ago in a promotion tie vs. Europa to go up to third tier, where they were for 3 years, then dropped again. Only reason I know them, as the town and area are relatively unknown. Very physical team I recall, not too technical, a lot of veterans. Maybe they've changed.

Last year a stoppage time penalty against impeded them becoming a 3rd tier team again, they tend to get good results and are vying for a promotion again.

They play in Group 18 of Spanish Tercera, 4th tier, which is the group of teams from La Mancha. Not a very strong division as the population is fairly low out there.

Just now, Toje said:

Chaim Roserie is on loan to Novelda CF in the Spanish 4th tier.

http://www.thefinalball.com/player.php?id=473330&epoca_id=0

https://t.co/6chtpjREn7

Thanks, as usual Toje is amazing. As someone mentioned last year, he has stated he is more interested in playing for the States, I don't know his current thinking. The press here calls him Canadian.

I don't think he got any minutes after signing for Alcoyano last year midseason, I may be wrong; he is young still and had problems with papers as well. Maybe at Novelda, a division lower, he'll do better, the team is strong enough to fight for a promotion into 2B. They are in the Valencia region group, the level is high.

Novelda, oddly enough, merged with another club this summer, liquidated itself, and then the Spanish Federation disallowed the move and basically obliged them to continue competing. 

The Instagram page of Andrew Lebre has just changed, now appearing a reference to Nicosia, Cyprus. That is new, no other news I can find though.

https://www.instagram.com/andrewlebre14/?hl=en

Edit: was checking Cypriot sites in my best Greek and I see on August 31 an international transfer request for him was put in from the Cypriot federation to the Portuguese, as I believe Lebre has a Portuguese passport. 

re-edit: I have a suspicion he could be going to 2nd division PAEEK.

Edited by Unnamed Trialist

• 2 weeks later...
On 9/6/2018 at 8:41 AM, Unnamed Trialist said:

The Instagram page of Andrew Lebre has just changed, now appearing a reference to Nicosia, Cyprus. That is new, no other news I can find though.

https://www.instagram.com/andrewlebre14/?hl=en

Edit: was checking Cypriot sites in my best Greek and I see on August 31 an international transfer request for him was put in from the Cypriot federation to the Portuguese, as I believe Lebre has a Portuguese passport. 

re-edit: I have a suspicion he could be going to 2nd division PAEEK.

Word is he is playing in 3rd division in Cyprus, and is pleased with the change, but I do not know the team yet.

On 9/18/2018 at 2:09 PM, Unnamed Trialist said:

Word is he is playing in 3rd division in Cyprus, and is pleased with the change, but I do not know the team yet.

Got it, thanks to a fellow Voyageur. Andrew Lebre is playing for Ethnikos Assias in 3rd tier Cyprus. They play in a fairly large stadium in Nicosia, 16,000 capacity, and relegated last year. Here is the pic from his Instagram page. Cyprus just started the season last week.

Email from ANB Futbol:

Micah Jebbison (2001) has signed with Rocester of Midlands Football League (9). Invited to CDN U15 camp in 2016. Must have an English passport i assume, the family has moved to England.

Younger bros. Daniel Jebbison (2003) has signed with Championship side Sheffield Utd.'s Academy.

I hope it's fine to post the following message here. If you believe it doesn't belong on the V forum please let me know and I will ask the admins to remove it.

After many years of running Canucks Abroad and this thread with a small team of dedicated volunteers (that include many Voyageurs) I have decided to launch our project on Patreon. Basically it's just an opportunity for stakeholders who use our services to give back financially to compensate us for the countless hours we have invested in keeping the database up to date and the twitter monster fed.

Feel free to check out our Patreon page here: . Please note the database  "Mother Of All Canadians Abroad List" will remain intact, and it's the exact same one we use on our website.

We've also updated www.canucks-abroad.ca recently if that's of interest. Some of you have heard that we launched a #CanPL discord a while ago. It's a little thriving community, feel free to check it out as well.

Happy tracking and see you next Tuesday!