NEW Mother of all Canucks Abroad (and domestic)

Fussball_eh

On 5/24/2018 at 2:47 PM, jordan said:

Link was a blog so Boakye may not have signed for Cologne

Energy's still not sure what it's destination will be, currently holding a 2-3 lead in the away game in a promotion playoffs. Looks like they're going to pull it off (don't know if that's a positive for Boakaye or not. He's proven to be of value at D4, they might want to improve if they go up this year. 

4 hours ago, Vince193 said:

I assume they'll fight for promotion but until then I really don't want Aird or Gasparotto getting call ups. We should aim higher than the Scottish 2nd division.

Sure that sounds like a good principle, but what if the guy scores 10 goals and 15 assists as a winger and Dundee Utd. tear through the Championship? You don't call a guy like that up?

4 minutes ago, jpg75 said:

Sure that sounds like a good principle, but what if the guy scores 10 goals and 15 assists as a winger and Dundee Utd. tear through the Championship? You don't call a guy like that up?

I'm sure there's a bit of leeway in that remark...

^ So, another Quebecois and Canada-eligible player at Lille B after Zohran Bassong.  He's signed to a 3.5 year contract at Lille so they must think well of him.

Brym is a 1998 so can't be a part of our next U20 team.  Says he hasn't been contacted by Soccer Canada.

Edited by ray

31 minutes ago, WestHamCanadianinOxford said:

Milan Borjan linked with Championship clubs including replacing Fabianski at Swansea. 

http://www.skysports.com/football/news/12691/11411582/milan-borjan-wanted-by-west-brom-swansea-and-bristol-city

If you believe Sky that is.

While it is possible that Potter was wowed by Borjan during the UEFA cup, it really just reads like the site is identifying the Tier Two clubs that need goalies and putting a name to them.  And even if it is true, Bristol and West Brom only need back ups. Heck, Villa need a goalie more than any of those teams.

Edited by Marc

• 2 weeks later...