Maxime Crépeau

Dub Narcotic

1 hour ago, Obinna said:

Braga was interested in him back when he was at the Whitecaps, no? Would that be a step up from LAFC? Probably lateral at worst.

Think @Unnamed Trialist and I discussed this one time. Braga is a solid club in a very good league. Always in Europe now, in the CL this year with the possibility of advancing out of the group or at least going to the Europa league. Think it would be a really good step up for Crepeau, if they're still interested.

9 minutes ago, Watchmen said:

Think @Unnamed Trialist and I discussed this one time. Braga is a solid club in a very good league. Always in Europe now, in the CL this year with the possibility of advancing out of the group or at least going to the Europa league. Think it would be a really good step up for Crepeau, if they're still interested.

He would be third keeper there. 

16 hours ago, MauditYvon said:

He would be third keeper there. 

I assume this guy is the number 1 https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Matheus_(footballer,_born_March_1992)

And this guy is the number 2 https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tiago_Sá

Hmmm....looks like a log jam at the keeper position. Both were with Braga when they wanted Crepeau though, so perhaps at the time they wanted Crepeau to compete with Tiago for the back up spot?

And I am kind of nervous about Crepeau moving now that I think of it. No better place than LAFC in MLS for him, for obvious reasons, AND if he is going to Europe that could backfire. Look at Matt Turner's situation right now. Unless you are back up at a club like Arsenal, you got to play at Crepeau's age. He's our imminent number 1 so I don't want him to get lost in the shuffle.

On the flip side, no risk no reward and it would be awesome to have a keeper with a solid European club.

Andre Blake is an MLS lifer, but arguably the best keeper in the league and it's been like that for a while. He backstopped Jamaica to a lot of big results (inc. recently) and playing over here never hurt him, clearly. Would he have been better had he gone to Europe at 29? Maybe we should ask ourselves that when considering Crepeau's future. 

2 minutes ago, Obinna said:

And I am kind of nervous about Crepeau moving now that I think of it. No better place than LAFC in MLS for him, for obvious reasons, AND if he is going to Europe that could backfire. Look at Matt Turner's situation right now. Unless you are back up at a club like Arsenal, you got to play at Crepeau's age. He's our imminent number 1 so I don't want him to get lost in the shuffle.

On the flip side, no risk no reward and it would be awesome to have a keeper with a solid European club.

Andre Blake is an MLS lifer, but arguably the best keeper in the league and it's been like that for a while. He backstopped Jamaica to a lot of big results (inc. recently) and playing over here never hurt him, clearly. Would he have been better had he gone to Europe at 29? Maybe we should ask ourselves that when considering Crepeau's future. 

Zach Steffan another good example. 

22 hours ago, Obinna said:

I assume this guy is the number 1 https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Matheus_(footballer,_born_March_1992)

And this guy is the number 2 https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tiago_Sá

Hmmm....looks like a log jam at the keeper position. Both were with Braga when they wanted Crepeau though, so perhaps at the time they wanted Crepeau to compete with Tiago for the back up spot?

With their "decent" Champions League campaign, they are not doing badly and most of the team has overperformed, you could argue. But it does not have to be Braga, if his agent has eyes on teams like that, then we are well-served. 

I think the key factor has to be that his salary is so low, for him to look for 400 euros in Europe puts him in range of teams in 8-10 leagues. For example, Borjan was making half a million at Red Star.

• 3 weeks later...

I wonder if Crepeau could find a home in Liga MX? No idea what clubs need a keeper, but that could be an interesting challenge for him, especially with the club world cup around the corner. There are a few Mexican sides already qualified (I think Leon are one of them). 

Europe would be awesome, but I am not sure what that transition would look like. I can imagine him going to Mexico and playing right away. And regardless of the club it shouldn't be a big step up. 

4 hours ago, narduch said:

Hugo Lloris is being linked to LAFC.

Wonder where Crepeau lands

If LAFC is looking to bring in Lloris, I think that's an indication Crepeau wants to try Europe. He was not the problem for LAFC this year and there's no reason for them to move on from him, so I read this as it's his decision.

Edited by Watchmen