NEW Mother of all Canadians Abroad

madmonte

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'd imagine the level is comfortably below L1O. 

What exactly is your definition of good place? A guy has to sign where he can but the T&T league is basically semi-pro level well below NASL. 

So this is interesting.  For the past 8 years, the smoking gun behind all of Canadian soccer's woes has been that we have no domestic league, unlike our CONCACAF compatriots.  Now we are seeing some of our players playing in those leagues (DR, TnT etc.) and we are scoffing at them?

Who is scoffing at anyone?  Grizzly and I simply gave our opinions on the level of the leagues.  I personally think it's great that the players are playing especially the lad in Trinidad.  Just giving an honest assessment on the level.

Issey Nakajima-Farran is on trial at Terrenganu in Malaysia, as seen on his Instagram acct https://instagram.com/p/00zX82KiIX/

and also confirmed by a post on a Malay forum: http://www.carigold.com/portal/forums/showthread.php?p=21604090

They are 5 games into their season.

First I have heard since he went to Denmark a few weeks ago, I knew he was no longer training in Spain but had heard nothing since.

I think he is signing with Terengganu or close, though yesterday this comment (google translate from Malay) appeared beside a pic on their FB page:

"Haji Abdul Rahman (coach) probably will take a few more days to assess the actual performance Issey Nakajima Farran . His determination during the period of the assessment will determine whether he will import player 4th Terengganu FA or not. Good luck to him."

Issey trained yesterday for Terengganu with the physio coaches, lots of pics and dozens of comments in Malay on their FB page, looks like a passionate fan base there. Read another article (translated) saying that even though they had announced a signing of an Indonesian as their Asian Import (there is a quota there), they had decided not to sign him after a weekend friendly. So that would leave the spot for Issey it seems, having Japanese nationality.

Also saw a pic from a few days ago of a player with a leg in a cast, so perhaps he is long term and they need a replacement. In Malaysia they can sign four Asian non-Malays per team.

11012891_1091168167578955_3279495400176611083869_1091215064240932_76731324075534

Wonder if he does indeed sign in Malaysia, will Issey's NT career be over. I know there are a few guys in Singapore who don't get any calls.

Malaysia is a bit higher level but obviously not great.  If Italy, Belgium and England can call players from MLS I don't think we're above calling a guy who moves to Malaysia. 

Malaysia is a bit higher level but obviously not great.  If Italy, Belgium and England can call players from MLS I don't think we're above calling a guy who moves to Malaysia. 

Other countries in CONCACAF that are at our level have called players from Malaysia. I've seen Haiti called players from Malaysia and I don't think that we're that much better than them to ignore anyone playing in Malaysia.

I don't think it has been mentioned before. Best of luck to him. Hasn't featured in any games so far but I understand the plan was to bring him next season.

How any journalist can call League One "one rung below the EPL" is mind-boggling. You know there's a thing called google out there. Damn.

Archived