NEW Mother of all Canadians Abroad

madmonte

Because I've seen Piette, and I've seen Alderson, and I think Piette is a much better player than Alderson.  Just an opinion.  And for the record, "making the transition" involves actually being in the lineup in my eyes.

Piette at his current age?  Had he stayed?  Yeah, probably would have been on the first team.  Alderson is one year old than Piette, and only just starting on the SECOND team.  

My point is, while Piette eventually might have made that transition, Alderson is not likely to.  Sorry if my comment seemed to knock PIETTE'S ability to play at Dusseldorf, that wasn't the intention.

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Piette and Alderson are both '94's.

Fine, 9 months older.  I was off by three months, my bad. Was this meant to counter my point? If you think Alderson is good enough and think I'm wrong about his ability, just say that

Fine, 9 months older.  I was off by three months, my bad. Was this meant to counter my point? If you think Alderson is good enough and think I'm wrong about his ability, just say that

No, it was nothing more than pointing out they're the same age. But if you're asking, yes i do think Alderson will break into the Dusseldorf first team in the next few years.

No, it was nothing more than pointing out they're the same age. But if you're asking, yes i do think Alderson will break into the Dusseldorf first team in the next few years.

I would love to see him do that.  Just for me, he's a capable player, and can handle stuff at the back.  Just for me he doesn't offer enough defensively to compensate for his lack of offensive creativity, even as a CDM.

Camilo Trujillo (24), formerly of FC Boisbriand has started 2 games for Carlos Mannucci in Peru's second tier.

http://depor.pe/futbol-peruano/segunda-division-misterioso-goleador-que-contrato-carlos-mannucci-1039060

http://ca.soccerway.com/players/camilo-trujillo-marles/405589/

Also, James Fraser of Penticton did not earn a pro contract with Excelsior and is opting to go to University in Canada.

http://pinnaclesfc.com/news.php?news_id=1143247

Piette and Alderson are both '94's.

Joining in on PIette discussion, briefly. If Deportivo 2nd team can promotoe to 2B, and with Deportivo still up in La Liga, and with apparently him being highly rated there, one of the half dozen starters they seem to like------I can see him getting a sniff at training, and even making a roster, and maybe playing some minutes with the first team next year. There, said it. 

Clearly expressed, if they promote I think he'll get first team minutes as early as next year.

Joining in on PIette discussion, briefly. If Deportivo 2nd team can promotoe to 2B, and with Deportivo still up in La Liga, and with apparently him being highly rated there, one of the half dozen starters they seem to like------I can see him getting a sniff at training, and even making a roster, and maybe playing some minutes with the first team next year. There, said it. 

Clearly expressed, if they promote I think he'll get first team minutes as early as next year.

Definitely.  I remember seeing an article posted here from a local paper in Spain I can't remember if it was from you or another poster but that really opened my eyes to how highly rated he is.  One of the coaches had a quote basically saying that Floro had let the Deportivo staff that they had a "crack" on their hands and that his word was very respected by the coaching staff and they were very interested in Piette's development as a result... FWIW they called De Guzman a crack as well when he was in Spain.  

Jovan Lucic (Vancouver, BC) is with Rad Belgrade in the Serbian 3rd division, but he went on loan during the second half of the season to Hajduk Beograd (also 3rd division).  Last season he played in Macedonia.  From 2004-2009 he was with the Serbian White Eagles, 2009-2010 with the Vancouver Olympians, and 2010-2013 again with the Serbian White Eagles.  His brother, Milke Lucic, plays in the NHL with the Boston Bruins.

Jovan Lucic (Vancouver, BC) is with Rad Belgrade in the Serbian 3rd division, but he went on loan during the second half of the season to Hajduk Beograd (also 3rd division).  Last season he played in Macedonia.  From 2004-2009 he was with the Serbian White Eagles, 2009-2010 with the Vancouver Olympians, and 2010-2013 again with the Serbian White Eagles.  His brother, Milke Lucic, plays in the NHL with the Boston Bruins.

Milke? Is that for real or a typo? Is Milan the English translation?

Maybe it would have even been better if they didn't stay in the Primera. There I said it!

I don't think it would matter which division they are. In Primera there would be pressure to not relegate, and in Segunda the pressure to promote. Few opportunities unless Piette transforms into a really good player.

I think it's 5:58 as the commentator mentions his name.

You're right, that's him.  Nice run at the defender and finish.  

I listened to Totera's interview with him, this kid is very bright, well spoken and driven.  Most importantly he dreams of playing for Canada.  Wouldn't be surprised to see him in the picture in the next few years.

James Stamopoulos has now started 3 straight matches and played 90 mins in all for Kallithea. They are the most important matches of the season in the football league south playouts. He scored this very nice goal a few days ago.

https://youtu.be/6wfEjRSHpKc

Stamopoulos was already on the list these updates should go in the weekly abroad threads in that case

Archived