NEW Mother of all Canadians Abroad

madmonte

I didn’t know there was such a thread.

I have read that he did send videos but I never saw it reported that it was that young. Not saying it’s not true.

And yes, blame the CSA for showing no interest. It’s not like they weren’t told about him or didn’t get to see him. If the Czechs can see it based on video tapes why can’t the CSA when he’s in their backyard? Or on the same pitch as the coach making the selections?

I’m not arguing with you. It’s just frustrating.

He was 16 1/2 when he played his first game for the Cezchs so he must have been 15 at the oldest when him and his dad were firing off tapes to Europe. If at 15 he and his family decided to give up playing for Canada because of some perceived snub than that says a lot about who he is. I personally don't think that has anything to do with it though, I think his dream, or his dad's dream, was for him to play for the Czech's and they're all living out the dream.

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

18 year old Kris Twardek, from Ottawa, signed a pro contract with Millwall.

Canada didn’t think he was worth a look at 16 and 17 and he has since played for the Czech U17 national team. Probably not coming back..

Thanks :) if they last represented a different country they will not be allowed on the list (unless they subsequently at LEAST attend a Canada camp.)

As for Thomas and the guys in Sweden keep an eye on them guys, if they sign at a high enough level to make the list they shall be added.  Probably not going to add the El Salvador player unless he is a Canadian citizen at the least?  (for example, Mallan Roberts has lived here as long and just received citizenship, to give you an idea)

He was 16 1/2 when he played his first game for the Cezchs so he must have been 15 at the oldest when him and his dad were firing off tapes to Europe. If at 15 he and his family decided to give up playing for Canada because of some perceived snub than that says a lot about who he is. I personally don't think that has anything to do with it though, I think his dream, or his dad's dream, was for him to play for the Czech's and they're all living out the dream.

My thoughts exactly. If this kid wanted to play for Canada, he would be playing for Canada - provided he was good enough. I don't buy this "we missed out on another" or "Canada showed no interest" at all.

A few dual nationals....

Michel Acosta is now with Atenas in Uruguay

http://www.transfermarkt.com/michel-acosta/profil/spieler/74351

Spyros Stergiotis has moved to Zakynthos in Greece's second tier  (22 year old Goalkeeper born in Toronto)

Christopher Scott, 20 year old defender with TSV Buchbach in the Regionalliga, contract until 2017

Erhan Hasan Yilmaz, 18, goalkeeper, joined Manisaspor Nov 6, born in Ottawa, listed with Manisaspor II and the U21s

Claude Dufour-Peters has signed with Swedish club Arameiska-Syrianska IF. There are pictures on the FFA Global facebook of the signing (I'd like to share a link but for some reason I can not copy and paste on the forum).

The club is based in Stockholm, plays in Sweden's Division 2 league (Tier 4). Great exposure for the young lad.

Issey Nakajima-Farran is playing with an amateur team, Suburense, in Sitges, outside of Barcelona, in the 3rd lowest tier of organized adult football in Spain. The division is 2nd Catalan, that would be 6th tier. No one is paid at this level.

A student of mine, in 4th year design, told me last week that a friend of his plays with the team and that Issey for some reason had to spend some time in the area, and chose to sign for a few games to stay on form. From what I can gather he may be painting here, something he does seriously, and I see from Tweets he's been in Barcelona watching Barça since December.

The rest of the players are a bit shocked from what I hear. He has already played a match and scored a goal in an away win, 1-2. Will try to see him this Sunday.

Here's their FB page: https://ca-es.facebook.com/pages/Club-de-Futbol-Suburense/215404738606837

11021142_436910016456307_152991866662820

Issey Nakajima-Farran is playing with an amateur team, Suburense, in Sitges, outside of Barcelona, in the 3rd lowest tier of organized adult football in Spain. The division is 2nd Catalan, that would be 6th tier. No one is paid at this level.

A student of mine, in 4th year design, told me last week that a friend of his plays with the team and that Issey for some reason had to spend some time in the area, and chose to sign for a few games to stay on form. From what I can gather he may be painting here, something he does seriously, and I see from Tweets he's been in Barcelona watching Barça since December.

The rest of the players are a bit shocked from what I hear. He has already played a match and scored a goal in an away win, 1-2. Will try to see him this Sunday.

Here's their FB page: https://ca-es.facebook.com/pages/Club-de-Futbol-Suburense/215404738606837

11021142_436910016456307_152991866662820

The way he sounded from his interview last week was that he knows he's 30 and so clubs won't come knocking like they used to. I think he just wants to focus on his art.

Could this perhaps be a signal that his career is winding down?

Vince Sasso, former TFCA and Woodbridge Strikers plays in the German fifth divison with VfR Mannheim, and also I don't think Tam Nsilwa or Kofi Opare should be on this list.

Tam gave up CDN citizenship and Kofi doesn't meet FIFA requirements to play for us, unfortunately.

tam would still be playing if he could, still remember him having Beasley in his pocket at the gold cup

Okay

Added

Attakora and De Jong who have both officially signed 

Christopher Scott coded green
Spyros Stergiotis coded blue (and while I was at it, changed spelling of Zampasis to Zabasis to match soccerway for Manolis, in the same league)

Didn't add Acosta as he last represented Uruguay (youth setup in the mid 2000s)

And I'm going to wait on Yilmaz...youth setup of third tier Turkey just too hard to track...let's wait for him to jump up a notch.
Sweden I'm tracking to the third tier as well, but great to know about Dufour, hope he does well there :)

Also, I checked on a couple of our young guys in Uruguay, Smith and Scorzafave, and according to their twitter accounts, Lucas is still with Nacional, but Jerome Smith moved from there to Montevideo Wanderers now.

Can anyone find more info on whether they are in youth setups, and if so which ones?  They can't STILL be U-19 can they?

Vince Sasso, former TFCA and Woodbridge Strikers plays in the German fifth divison with VfR Mannheim, and also I don't think Tam Nsilwa or Kofi Opare should be on this list.

Tam gave up CDN citizenship and Kofi doesn't meet FIFA requirements to play for us, unfortunately.

Added Sasso.  Tam last represented Canada and until he retires will be on the list.  As for Kofi, that is valid, but that is why I introduced the color coding when I took over the thread, because of my likewise frustration with not knowing who on the list was actually able to play for us.  Kofi is coded blue because he is a Canadian citizen, but yes to play for us he has serious obstacles (according to wiki, not that I trust wiki, he has to live here after the age of 18 for 5 years).  Luckily, the color coding helps solve those issues.  

With Kofi though, he DID represent USA last on the world stage...in the youth setups...and this could disqualify him from the list.  Tempted to remove him on that basis.

Not sure if this has been discussed but I don't think Kofi Opare should be on the list.  His Wiki page says he's only eligible to play for the US or Ghana despite having Canadian Citizenship.  

lol read the post directly above yours.  I actually don't even like Kofi on this list either and I'm not sure he should be here, but when he was OFF the list I had a tonne of people saying I should add him.  I'm at a loss, I want to keep consistency in my rules.  

Since one of the rules I created was that the player could not have last represented another team (and Kofi HAS...USA youth setup) that he should not be on this list.  Anyone got a major prob with that?

(Also...added Henry's loan)

Brendan Norris (GK -1995 - Canadian/English) currently plays for Hungerford Town (7th div) in England - Southern Premier League.  

"Brendan Norris – Goalkeeper – Age 18 – Canadian Brendan recently joined the club from the Sparsholt College Football Academy which has strong links with Southampton FC."

http://files.pitchero.com/clubs/2998/trurocity_123636.pdf

http://www.pitchero.com/clubs/hungerfordtownfc/s/the-team-11575.html?player_id=1351059

So far he has only played in two games. 

I know players in England will only be tracked to the 6th division, so I don't expect him to be added.

Archived