NEW Mother of all Canadians Abroad

madmonte

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Why was he taken off though? He is under contract at QPR.

That's fair, I did the same for Stillo with Parma.  I'm expecting both to be loaned soon, so of course it will change at that point, with both Stillo and Petrasso I just worry about being misleading, as I'm not 100% sure either are training with the first team in the meantime.  But it'll be okay, I think most V's are knowledgable. 

Also, Porter is back at Richmond. He played for them last weekend. 

lol ok I'll put him BACK with Richmond again!  But if it happens again where he gets pulled up to DC United for 1 or 2 games and everyone is all "WHY ISN'T HE AS DC UNITED" then I promise, I'm leaving him there for good lol...

Stefan Cebara in Chile I still need more info for.  If he has a club contract in Chile I'd dearly like to know about it

Madmonte, I wonder if Sebastian Cabrera has been confused with Stefan Cebara because Sebastian Cabrera (former VWFC and current Canadian u20 player) is in chile with union Espinola?

http://www.unionespanola.cl/ue-noticia.aspx?id=10234

Right...I'm not sure he's there anymore, though, I can't seem to find any evidence that points to him currently being there.  He was linked to that squad on this list in the past, but I remember removing it quite some time ago for the same reason.

an article on why de guzman is currently unattached (family first)

http://www.tsn.ca/soccer/story/?id=461042

says hes looking at german third division, switzerland or austria. there was also interest from greece but thats too far from his kids in germany

Thought he would be able to at least crack a lower second division club in germany but i guess not. 

Not sure if this is the right place for this, but what's the state of CSA scouting in europe for these kids? I've heard complaints in the past of people slipping through the cracks, but is that still the case?

After tonight's game I was talking to the brother of Justin Soscia (17 year old in an Italian 2nd division reserve team) who was complaining about how MLS academy kids and unattached players getting picked over better talent in the depths of europe(including his brother).

I figure its a question of logistics and cost(especially for u17), but is it more of an issue that that?

Not sure if this is the right place for this, but what's the state of CSA scouting in europe for these kids? I've heard complaints in the past of people slipping through the cracks, but is that still the case?

After tonight's game I was talking to the brother of Justin Soscia (17 year old in an Italian 2nd division reserve team) who was complaining about how MLS academy kids and unattached players getting picked over better talent in the depths of europe(including his brother).

I figure its a question of logistics and cost(especially for u17), but is it more of an issue that that?

Actually no offence, but not the right place to start that discussion.  But it sounds intriguing, perhaps start a new thread for it?

Youth player Alex Comsia tweeted congratulations to former U17 teammate Mikael Cantave about signing with Getafe in Spain. Cantave now includes Getafe in his twitter bio. Perhaps others could help with some more research.

If he is at Getafe then he should show up either here:

http://www.getafecf.com/CategoriasInferiores/juvenilA/Plantilla.aspx

or here (if he's lucky):

http://www.getafecf.com/CategoriasInferiores/GetafeB/Plantilla.aspx

La Liga Getafe?!?!

It is possible. Three years ago Cantave participated in a series of identification camps for the FFF and made the cut for the top 150 15 year olds in France. He left Nantes in the middle of the 12/13 season for some unknown reason, likely a falling out of some sort, which is why he ended up at a 6th division club playing first team football. Then last year he was with a 3rd division clubs' U19 squad. Anyways, wouldn't be the first time a prospect was overlooked in France and left for Spain, Antoine Griezman was unwanted by both Bordeaux and Toulouse and ended up on the other side of the border with Real Sociedad.

I'll add Fraser and Borjan on the weekend.

As for Cantave, I think he's going to end up U-17 and for the list I'm looking U-18 or +.  If he goes U-19 and we have proof, submit it. 

EDIT: For those not reading the Milan Borjan thread, it looks like his agreement to Sarejevo may be cancelled last minute.  Might have been usurpsed and Borjan may be signing at Ludogorets.  Stay tuned.

Archived