Massih Wassey

moura1

7 hours ago, Oranje said:

I'd rather call Liam Miller who's scoring bucket-loads, albeit against borderline children

If I had to choose one I would go with Wassey. I really, really like Miller's potential, but until he starts getting professional minutes, that's all it is, potential.

Wassey can perhaps help us right now and with the league of nations kicking off soon (2018, right?), I would integrate him back into our program sooner rather than later.

Really want to see this guy in the 2.Bundesliga next season.

9 hours ago, BuzzAndSting said:

It’s possible Floro never rated him so he never bothered to talk to him, as we’ve heard was Floro was apt to do but now with OZ talking about expanding the MNT pool this would be the first guy that should be called.

For the entirety of Floro's stint as MNT Manager Massey was playing in the 4th tier Regionalliga, so it's understandable he didn't warrant a look. It seems this year he was given a shot at a level significantly higher and he took the chance and ran with it. I guess he may have been a really good player in Regionalliga and worthy of playing in 3. Liga, but it just took a few years for someone to finally give him the chance.

15 hours ago, Obinna said:

If I had to choose one I would go with Wassey. I really, really like Miller's potential, but until he starts getting professional minutes, that's all it is, potential.

Wassey can perhaps help us right now and with the league of nations kicking off soon (2018, right?), I would integrate him back into our program sooner rather than later.

Really want to see this guy in the 2.Bundesliga next season.

I'd say they are both on the fringes of a CMNT call and if the League of Nations does come to fruition in 2018 I'd agree with your point because you cannot have too much depth. However, if our next meaningful match isn't until 2019/2020, I'd want to see Millar called. It's just my personal preference of blooding young, potential-packed players than a lower-league journeyman for a couple of years of service. To @harrycoyster's point in the Millar thread, youth performances doesn't guarantee the same results at the professional level but I still feel like it's worth the CMNT investment.

Edited by Oranje

13 hours ago, Oranje said:

I'd say they are both on the fringes of a CMNT call and if the League of Nations does come to fruition in 2018 I'd agree with your point because you cannot have too much depth. However, if our next meaningful match isn't until 2019/2020, I'd want to see Millar called. It's just my personal preference of blooding young, potential-packed players than a lower-league journeyman for a couple of years of service. To @harrycoyster's point in the Millar thread, youth performances doesn't guarantee the same results at the professional level but I still feel like it's worth the CMNT investment.

Let's see some of his top highlights!!!... Also I am aware he has gotten a couple of call-ups at least, though, not in quite some time... What is his skill-level like? Even though, he is playing in 3. Liga Deutschland, it still I guess fairly competitive compared to other lower-tier leagues across the globe... Based on his latest stats as per here (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Massih_Wassey) he's put up 7 goals in 17 appearances this season, don't know if it's over, which is a solid number imo...

1 hour ago, CNMNTPERUELIGIBLE said:

Let's see some of his top highlights!!!... Also I am aware he has gotten a couple of call-ups at least, though, not in quite some time... What is his skill-level like? Even though, he is playing in 3. Liga Deutschland, it still I guess fairly competitive compared to other lower-tier leagues across the globe... Based on his latest stats as per here (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Massih_Wassey) he's put up 7 goals in 17 appearances this season, don't know if it's over, which is a solid number imo...

It's 20 games and 10 goals. He played 3 games in  domestic cups and 2 games were against 2.bundesliga teams  in which he scored in both games . I believe a bunch of his goals were PKs. He's their main PK guy. 

Some guys are saying bring up Millar  instead. And I do agree he needs to get a called up, a game vs  Bermuda type team would be great. But everyone we don't have any CM depth. After Arfield (  which CM is not his natural position ) , Osorio, Hutch ( who knows how many more games is in him. )  and Piette ( who is a DM).  We have a bunch of young guys,  which is great, but we  need more seasoned vet's, he's only 29 so there is still some years left in him. We are not always going to have Arfield or Hutch. Also Wassey could be a nice option off the bench. 

Edited by SpecialK

15 hours ago, SpecialK said:

Highlights goals from the game vs fc st. Pauli ( 2. BUNDESLIGA)

his goal was a beauty. 

https://tv.dfb.de/video/dfb-cup-men-sc-paderborn-vs-fc-st-pauli-the-goals/18714/

What a f****ng goal, man!!!..... Pure brilliancy!!!!... Lmfao... We def should call him up for the next camp, and as you said, maybe keep him on the bench and be one of the first subs!!!!

Wassey and Paderborn are off to the quarterfinals of the DFB Pokal. Have beaten 3 2.bundesliga teams. So mb will have a good chance to stay up next year as they are currently second in the 3rd Division. Just looked up Paderborn transfers from last summer and Wassey was the only player they actually bought. They spent 200k (euros?) On him.

14 minutes ago, Stryker911 said:

Wassey and Paderborn are off to the quarterfinals of the DFB Pokal. Have beaten 3 2.bundesliga teams. So mb will have a good chance to stay up next year as they are currently second in the 3rd Division. Just looked up Paderborn transfers from last summer and Wassey was the only player they actually bought. They spent 200k (euros?) On him.

He's playing well. I hope he's on Oz radar because he should get a look. 21 games and 10 goals ! 

Definitely a ate bloomer with an amazing run of form lately. Kinda reminds me of Occean who also spend years in lower leagues before eventually reaching and playing in the 1. Bundesliga. At this point in time, getting into the 2. Bundesliga appears to be realistic for Wassey. 

• 3 months later...
11 minutes ago, jpg75 said:

Is it me or did it seem like he was mostly coming off the bench the past couple of months?

No your right, but he’s still getting mins. They got Marlon Ritter who is 23 years old on loan from Fortuna Düsseldorf. He has taken over the starting spot. 

• 2 weeks later...

Nice long-read on Wassey: http://www.westline.de/fussball/sc-paderborn-07/massih-wassey-fuer-mich-wird-ein-maerchen-wahr

Unfortunately no mention of the MNT...

Anyway, he still has one year (plus option) on his contract so he will be playing D2 next season. He says it was his life-long dream to play in the 3. Liga, once e passed an offer of an Eredivisie-club for it (didn't pan out). Last season, he had 3 offers to choose from and I think it's safe to say he made the right choice. 

I think it's time to call the guy, ask about his intentions, see if he still has a desire to play for the MNT. He's born in Germany and has very loose ties the Canada but he IS capped and playing at a decent level (heck, even high for our nation) as a creative midfielder / winger.  

• 3 months later...

The reason we haven't seen Massih Wassey so far this season in the 2nd Bundesliga is that he is recovering from a back injury/back pain which he is not sure of the cause but is starting to feel better. He missed the whole pre-season due to that. He is frustrated because for 9 years he almost had no injuries and he finally reaches 2nd Bundesliga and he has a mysterious back problem. At least on the positive side, he is not playing because of the injury not because Paderborn went and signed a bunch of better players who pushed him out of the lineup.

https://www.nw.de/sport/sc_paderborn_07/22217815_Rueckenprobleme-Massih-Wassey-hat-die-gesamte-Vorbereitung-verpasst.html

• 9 months later...