Massih Wassey

moura1

8 hours ago, Strait Red said:

Wassey’s team (SC Paderborn 07) has been promoted to the Bundesliga for the 19-20 season. Looks like he is under contract for one more year. Not sure if we’ll ever see him with the MNT again though.

I don't think he's still in their plans, as he hasn't featured in a single game for them. Not even on the bench. 

He was rock solid for them in 3. Liga as Paderborn was promoted to B2. He was injured in preseason and only returned to training in the winter break. In the last week of the transfer window there were reports that he was available for a transfer.  Not sure how legitimate those reports were, but for a guy coming back from injury to a team now playing in a higher division, I get why he may have tried to stay and break back into the first team.  Unfortunately things did not pan out.  I would be surprised if he gets anytime in the Bundesliga not having played in B2.  Feel bad for him because he was so important to Paderborn as they went for promotion over a year ago, and then injury intervened.  Best hope would be that he can land in a B2 squad, but more likely he is in a lower league.