Massih Wassey

moura1

His trial with the Caps resumed, but I don't think there's been any word of whether or not they plan on signing him. I also thought he showed well against Venezuela but apparently not in the eyes of Hart.

All I know is he MUST be in the starting XI next time we play Jamaica, simply so I can listen to Jamaican radio of the match.

• 5 years later...
2 hours ago, badname22 said:

Despite being poor in the past, Massih's Paderborn side are top of the 3.Liga and Massih is a first team player and has played both AM and DM for them, making a strong case for the MNT right now

He has also started in all 6 games for them, played 90 in 5 of them and is tied for the top rated player on the team according to Kicker who are tough markers. Remains to be seen if he can keep it up but it is a remarkable career turnaround at a fairly late age for someone who looked like he was turning into a career 4th division player. Possibly he just never got the right chance or right situation or maybe he improved but yes if it continues he should be getting back in the national team picture.

3 minutes ago, Zem said:

Afghan/Indo-Persian. Massih is a different spelling of Masih, which is Arabic for Messiah (he's named after Jesus, essentially) and Wassey (or Wasey) is an Indo-Persian name.

It is always surprising when someone says something smart on here - although somewhat less surprising when the smart thing is unrelated to soccer.

9 hours ago, jpg75 said:

Massih Wassey? What kind of name is that?

9 hours ago, Zem said:

Afghan/Indo-Persian. Massih is a different spelling of Masih, which is Arabic for Messiah (he's named after Jesus, essentially) and Wassey (or Wasey) is an Indo-Persian name.

I will let him in on the joke/Voyageur's lore jpg75. One of two games that Massih Wassey played for Canada was against Jamaica in Jamaica and the only broadcast available was the Jamaican one. The Jamaican announcers were very amused by his name and made a lot of comments and jokes about it including the famed: "Massih Wassey? What kind of name is that?" They were also happy every time he would touch the ball because it allowed them to say his name again.

Edited by Grizzly

13 minutes ago, Grizzly said:

I will let him in on the joke/Voyageur's lore jpg75. One of two games that Massih Wassey played for Canada was against Jamaica in Jamaica and the only broadcast available was the Jamaican one. The Jamaican announcers were very amused by his name and made a lot of comments and jokes about it including the famed: "Massih Wassey? What kind of name is that?" They were also happy every time he would touch the ball because it allowed them to say his name again.

Ah I didn't see that game; Caribbean commentators truly are CONCACAF's gift to the footballing world hahaha

17 hours ago, Grizzly said:

And I guess those commentators also said "Not every day is Christmas"?

• 2 months later...

I hope Massih gets called up in the next camp. He’s playing amazing right now and scoring!  20 games 10 goals and 3 assists , between league(3. Liga)  play and Domestic Cup so far. Also he  a 6’2 midfielder that can play as a A.M./CM/DM. He’s team is in 1st place right now. 

canada lacks scoring, he could be a option. 

Edited by SpecialK

10 hours ago, SpecialK said:

I hope Massih gets called up in the next camp. He’s playing amazing right now and scoring!  20 games 10 goals and 3 assists , between league(3. Liga)  play and Domestic Cup so far. Also he  a 6’2 midfielder that can play as a A.M./CM/DM. He’s team is in 1st place right now. 

I agree that I hope he gets called but something tells me it won’t happen. He had 2 call ups in 6 months almost 8 Year’s ago and not one since. It’s possible Floro never rated him so he never bothered to talk to him, as we’ve heard was Floro was apt to do but now with OZ talking about expanding the MNT pool this would be the first guy that should be called. Is it possible MW has said he’s not interested in a NT career?

11 hours ago, SpecialK said:

I'd rather call Liam Miller who's scoring bucket-loads, albeit against borderline children