The Importance of Jr. Hoilett

Tuscan

Sterling has been in England's youth squads, has been there, as you said for 12 years, and as such more than satisfies the residency and schooling requirements. Sterling is only similar to Junior in that they are born in another country. Sterling is more like Jono, than he is Hoilett.

They are similar from the standpoint that they are young exciting wingers who are eligible for multiple countries, I wasn't comparing their similarities based on players being poached, or based on their decisions per se. When we are analyzing the comments and speculation from the Hoilett camp in regards to representing England the similarities end, thats the key point. Sterling was rushed into the senior squad in order to solidify in his mind, and in terms of FIFA regulations his future with England, being that Hoilett has not had a sniff with England means that we can look at the mirroring of situations and realize that Hoilett for England is most likely not eligible, or even if eligible not in their plans.

Secondary it is related to the Hoilett situation because it shows that Jamaica are not being successful in picking up English trained talents eligible for Jamaica, there is a long laundry list of players eligible for them that would be game changers but play for England or just don't decide to represent Jamaica. If Jamaica got Raheem that would no doubt be a feather in they're cap and obviously would make them stronger and more likely to attract Hoilett.

According to the QPR messageboards he had a couple of poor matches against Norwich and Walsall (League Cup). Which likely means he has been dropped in favour of Shaun Wright-Phillips, who also plays the wide right midfield role.

I really don't understand what Hughes is doing, his lineups seem pretty off balance. The last couple EPL games hes started Johnson and Zamora together up top, they are way too similar players and both are pretty immobile typical english target men and he leaves Hoilett and Taarabt on the bench, who are both very creative players and if you are going to play 2 up top might as well mix in a more creative player that can pick up the ball distribute and take on players.

Also if I was Hart and I wouldn't be suprised if he does I would go to Hoilett right now and tell him he is really needed, we have Simpson and Dero out injured, we can make the Hex and the WC but now more than ever he is needed and he has the chance to step in and become a Canadian soccer legend when we need him most. The impact he could make in the circumstances we have right now is huge, if he is thinking Canada then now is the time to be a leader and not a cherry picker. The stage is set for a story book beginning to a Canada career, the press and hype he would get in Canada would be massive and any fence sitting would be long forgotten if he came through when needed most.

Edited by villus

Also if I was Hart and I wouldn't be suprised if he does I would go to Hoilett right now and tell him he is really needed, we have Simpson and Dero out injured, we can make the Hex and the WC but now more than ever he is needed and he has the chance to step in and become a Canadian soccer legend when we need him most. The impact he could make in the circumstances we have right now is huge, if he is thinking Canada then now is the time to be a leader and not a cherry picker. The stage is set for a story book beginning to a Canada career, the press and hype he would get in Canada would be massive and any fence sitting would be long forgotten if he came through when needed most.

+1

Hoilett is well aware of Canada's wish to have him. Hart need not seek him out again.

Hoilett, although right footed, is a wide left player, not a wide right player. So swapping him for SWP is not a like-for-like in that regard.

Hughes just doesn't know how to manage a team, and that's why Hoilett isn't starting. Although, yes, SWP is probably a superior player.

I think Hughes is doing a good job of player management, their last 2 opponents were the European Champs and the EPL Champions away and QPR played 3 pretty good halves of football! There were some suggestions that Hoilett was dropped for a more defensive look in those two matches and I think that was probably it! I wouldn't have been surprised if he was in the plans to come on as a sub in yesterday's match but with Hughes having to make 2 early injury substitutions, he didn't have many cards to play! Hoilett will see plenty of playing time in this long season!

I agree with Villus about the timing for Hoilett to join our squad and the potential to be a Canadian hero but I'm sure Junior knows exactly what the situation is and I'm not sure Hart really needs to be begging him anymore, he will do what he and his Dad see as the best thing financially!

Yeah I also don't think it's a matter of begging Hoilett and making him feel more wanted. I agree he already knows how wanted he is. If he didn't join us for the last two games, I consider it (not to be a pessimist), but I consider it HIGHLY unlikely he'll all of a sudden declare for October.

I mean, if he does, yay, but I'm just being honest. At the same time, I'm saying nothing that absolutely everyone here doesn't already know.

I don't see him joining either Canada or Jamaica now unless one qualifies for the WC, this cycle or next. I do think he will play for either side if they do qualify for the WC. Would be somewhat interesting if both countries qualify in the same cycle, which he'll choose in such a case. But it is frustrating that he is so needed now by Canada and that he may never play in a WC if he continues to wait and see, that this tactic could backfire for him (assuming playing in a WC is a priority for him).

I don't see him joining either Canada or Jamaica now unless one qualifies for the WC, this cycle or next. I do think he will play for either side if they do qualify for the WC. Would be somewhat interesting if both countries qualify in the same cycle, which he'll choose in such a case. But it is frustrating that he is so needed now by Canada and that he may never play in a WC if he continues to wait and see, that this tactic could backfire for him (assuming playing in a WC is a priority for him).

OMGBBQWATTERMELLON!!!!

JRr. Hoilett at the folowing twitter conversation:

@edmundoTO "@Hoilett_23 just play for Canada man, don't be like deguzman, you're better than that. #canmnt"

to wich he replied

@Hoilett_23 "@edmundoTO hey man I'm thinking about it"

This proves EVERYTHING... and NOTHING!

I don't understand this guy playing the waiting game --- just jump in NOW for Canada or for Jamaica or for whoever. It may be too late in a few weeks.

I know I'm stating nothing new here but if this world cup goes by the wayside he's going to be 28 come 2018. You can (potentially) get there at 24. It's a no-brainer.

He waited out the QPR offer after analysing all the other choices, to bigger and better clubs that are not in a relagation battle. The most important factors seemed to be coach, and the team. The QPR decision was similarily slow and methodical.

He very obviously is doing the same thing with national allegiance. The difference with national sides is that he clearly has more time and liberty to decide where to play. This thread may very well get to 150 pages until we know.

If that account actually is Junior's it explains a lot... immature.

It's clearly not him though, tweeting wayne rooney for followers?

looking at his timeline.. i'm not too sure.. looks like it could be his.

Apparently him and Simeon Jackson and Jamie Peters were at a wedding together recently (pics were posted).. hope they tried to convince him to suit up in the red and white.

looking at his timeline.. i'm not too sure.. looks like it could be his.

Apparently him and Simeon Jackson and Jamie Peters were at a wedding together recently (pics were posted).. hope they tried to convince him to suit up in the red and white.

I followed that Twitter account just to see what would be posted on it. I agree with you so far ... seems legitimate. However, much of what is on there could be readily available as well so I think I will stand back, watch, and reserve judgement for the moment.

I followed that Twitter account just to see what would be posted on it. I agree with you so far ... seems legitimate. However, much of what is on there could be readily available as well so I think I will stand back, watch, and reserve judgement for the moment.

I don't think it's him. He posted stock photos of his teammates, some with watermarks, saying they were from training.