The Importance of Jr. Hoilett

Tuscan

Not tooting my horns at all. We have had situation somewhat similar see David Johnson. I personally think Junior should play for Canada rather than Jamaica and I believe there are a number of Jamaican supporters who feel this way as we do not like the way he is going about this. If I was part of JFF I would call him up, if he answers then great if not then move on and tell him 2018 cycle starts in 3 years for Canada.

I've watched this guy closely in several matches for QPR now and I don't think he's quite the savior of our MNT that many on here thought he would be! He is playing on a mostly dreadful QPR team but for me he isn't any better than Josh Simpson and it's not even fair to compare the 2 because Josh is class and had no hesitation to represent his country! JH has had good spells here and there but overall is very average at best and to think he may be holding out for an England call at this point is a joke! He is young and might improve but I think as we all know he and his Dad are just opportunists getting the best payday with the least amount of work! My view is shared by many if you want to take a look!

http://www.wearetherangersboys.com/forum/showthread.php?150589-Hoilett-is-Pants

he isn't any better than Josh Simpson ok!

Agreed. However, Junior is in a poor spell right now (just like the team). Simpson was a great player for us and it really hurt to lose him for our games against Panama and Honduras. Although not the right thread to discuss it, the question is will Simpson recover not only physically but also to the form he was at pre-injury. I dearly hope so.

• 2 weeks later...
Please explain ... any news that I haven't heard about?

http://www.thereggaeboyz.com/forum/ubbthreads.php/ubb/showflat/Number/214253/page/1#Post214253

Junior told them he wanted more time to focus on club football, same story he has been feeding us.

Dyer says he won't be able to commit until next summer (Not committed enough for Jamaican FA in other words)

Simpson and the other player from Newcastle also not included.

They picked up a player from B3 in Germany two players from Reading, one from Burnley, on from Watford, one from Derby county, and two from Huddlesfield, and (including Beckford - the former Everton player)

In all honesty, minus the German based player, all the players they picked up seem to be good to average Championship level players (including the two newly promoted boys at Reading). So while it is good for their overall depth, but I don't know if it will get them to the WC.

That being said, I would be happy to pick them up they were eligible for Canada, because in truth players like Jackson, Edgar, and maybe Hume fall into that category of "good to average Championship level players", and imagine if we added 7 more players of that quality to our pool.

http://www.thereggaeboyz.com/forum/ubbthreads.php/ubb/showflat/Number/214253/page/1#Post214253

Junior told them he wanted more time to focus on club football, same story he has been feeding us.

Dyer says he won't be able to commit until next summer (Not committed enough for Jamaican FA in other words)

Simpson and the other player from Newcastle also not included.

They picked up a player from B3 in Germany two players from Reading, one from Burnley, on from Watford, one from Derby county, and two from Huddlesfield, and (including Beckford - the former Everton player)

In all honesty, minus the German based player, all the players they picked up seem to be good to average Championship level players (including the two newly promoted boys at Reading). So while it is good for their overall depth, but I don't know if it will get them to the WC.

That being said, I would be happy to pick them up they were eligible for Canada, because in truth players like Jackson, Edgar, and maybe Hume fall into that category of "good to average Championship level players", and imagine if we added 7 more players of that quality to our pool.

Looks like Jamaica missed the top targets that could make more of an impact in the Hex and for years going forward, but the players they add should be a good help for them this year adding depth and stability to their squad.

"We want players who are prepared to die for the country on the field of play and I've not picked that up with some of these players. I must say I'm particularly disappointed in Hoilett as he keeps saying he wants more time...

"If we qualify for the World Cup he will not be invited as that wouldn't be fair to those who have worked hard in getting the team to Brazil... While I respect his position, we will not be waiting around for anyone," Burrell said.

Looks like Hoilett playing for Jamaica is not going to happen. I'm sure that Hoilett wants to play if they make the WC but not in the hex and the Jamaican FA has decided they don't want that type of player. Either way if Hoilett turns up for us, its attitudes like this that are ****ing terrible, players wanting all the positives that come with playing in a WC without any of the sacrifice and hard work to qualify an underdog to get there. He's been singing the same song to both federations and trying to cherry pick the best situation without getting his hands dirty, both federations are probably better off without a player like that and Jono too. Its just so frustrating that our depth is so thin and we can't tell Jono and Hoilett to **** off.

Whats your thoughts on Ravell Morrison?

Morrisson is a very good young prospect, but his baggage is a bit of concern hopefully he grows up quickly as he is miles ahead of Sterling and in all honesty better than the subject of thread. A massive pick up for Jamaica , so is James Vaughn - would love to see Jamaica and England in the same group in Brazil.

Morrisson is a very good young prospect, but his baggage is a bit of concern hopefully he grows up quickly as he is miles ahead of Sterling and in all honesty better than the subject of thread. A massive pick up for Jamaica , so is James Vaughn - would love to see Jamaica and England in the same group in Brazil.

LOL, yes that's why he's considering Jamaica

Have you seen Morrison play?

I have only seen him in highlights but Morrison is definitely not a better player than Sterling.

Morrison is a prospect but still has everything to prove. He certainly needs to improve his attitude because he's an arrogant little tit who acts like he's Maradona.

Sterling should get a lot of credit for performing at the level he has consistently this season. At their peak sure Morrison and Sterling may have similar abilities and Morrison may even have more, but whats most valuable is a 17 yr old who can handle the pressure and perform consistent enough to lock down a spot like he has. Until we see Morrison playing first team football consistently in a league like the EPL at a fairly big club and can judge him on that, hard to say hes better than Sterling.

Have you seen Morrison play?

I saw him play last year with West Ham, only a bout 15 minutes but had very little effect on the game. This year he started pretty poorly with Birmingham but from what I have read he has had some decent games as of recent. I am not sure how you can say he is ahead of Sterling, a playing making an impact and scoring in the Premiership compared to Morrison who has had a few good games in the Championship.

I saw him play last year with West Ham, only a bout 15 minutes but had very little effect on the game. This year he started pretty poorly with Birmingham but from what I have read he has had some decent games as of recent. I am not sure how you can say he is ahead of Sterling, a playing making an impact and scoring in the Premiership compared to Morrison who has had a few good games in the Championship.

Maybe ahead of Sterling was a bit harsh, but pleased to see my Hoilett comparison has not been challenged. Sterling is being nurtured and brought along while due to his attitude Morrisson has been discarded. Saw him play this weekendsuch talent that is hell bent on being wasted. If this guy ever adjusts his attitude, he will be special.

Hes still young he has time, although too many times we see guys at these ages get full of themselves and just fall off. Sterling seems to have some attitude as well, but he seems to channel his energy into competing and training hard and makes an effort to do what his coaches want. Just seeing what that guy does as a 17 year old with that build going out and battling grown men in a league as physical as the EPL is really rare, mix in his skill and ability and those type of players usually end up at the top. It takes a certain amount of attitude and moxy to do that, Sterling seems to have the right mix, Morrison not so much at this point.

• 1 month later...