Voyageurs Player of the Year 2011

loyola

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

1. Josh Simpson

2. Atiba Hutchinson

3. Simeon Jackson

Hard to choose between Simpson and Hutch since they both had great years. Hutch would certainly be deserving of the award winning Danish league player of the year and having a successful half season so far with a major Dutch team. However, I went with Simpson because he is playing in a league of a similar level if not a bit better than the Eredivisie (I would rate the lower table teams in Turkey as better than those in Holland). Simpson even though on a small team has established himself as a star in the Turkish league this year while Hutch so far has been good at PSV but not a star player by any means so I give Simpson the edge.

• 2 weeks later...

Provided that the winner is Atiba, and that he is called into the squad in Greece, I would be happy to present the award on camera for all Vee's to enjoy.

Couple questions:

- Is there a physical award / if not can we make one / plaque, certificate, something?

- Can somebody put it in my hands in Toronto before the end of January, as I am flying back to Europe round then?

Hope I can help out.

If memory serves me right, plaques have been handed out to V's Players of the Year on an erratic basis.

I'd be happy to chip into the Emergency Get Atiba a Plaque Before the End of January Fund! Somebody in Toronto go find a trophy store and let's do this.

Archived