CNL: Canada vs Jamaica - Tuesday, November 21st - 7:30pm EST / 4:30pm Pacific - Toronto

10 minutes ago, WestHamCanadianinOxford said:

To be fair, of the players that started Saturday, Nicholson, Blake and Bailey are the only ones not born in England, I think.

Mid-low single digits with soaking rain is known in English football.

Unfortunately not seeing weather as a huge positive factor.  

Hopefully it plays with their mindset.  Weather like the GTA is expecting isn't fun to be in and if it can play even a small factor with the Jamaicans, it won't hurt.  Especially if we find the sheet early in the match.

1 minute ago, Ottawafan said:

Hopefully it plays with their mindset.  Weather like the GTA is expecting isn't fun to be in and if it can play even a small factor with the Jamaicans, it won't hurt.  Especially if we find the sheet early in the match.

Here's hoping. 

But I have lived in Toronto and England.  This type of weather is common to both. 

6 minutes ago, toontownman said:

If we are at least 2 goals ahead in the last 5-10mins then I think we will. 

It's always hard when you have other players who perhaps have made the call up and not seen minutes, you have to share them around to keep the entire group happy. 

That is also why I like to change a starting line-up, new blood is new energy and you are not losing out anywhere. Like Millar for Tajon would be a good one. I also think he is better supporting the midfield. LDF could also be brought in just to cover for Kone if he has a card, supposing Piette is not on form.

5 minutes ago, JamboAl said:

I arrived in Toronto from Ottawa a few hours ago and will attest that 3 C and windy and rainy is way worse than -7 C and clear.  Ran into some of the Jamaican players out for a walk and they felt as miserable as I was.

British people (which most of the Jamaica starters are also) are fully world class at moaning about the weather.

BMO Field may be a terrible soccer stadium but the pitch itself is also allegedly an elite pitch by world standards.  The Argos hinder its quality of course.  Argos home games at BMO Field also hinder the stadium design as well unfortunately.  But the pitch itself, is top quality and should have no issues come game time.

I also wanted to mention that every time I've opened up my Facebook over the past couple of days (especially today), I am seeing people attempting to sell and in some cases, even give away their tickets for tonight's game. 

I wonder how many are going to bail because of the weather.

43 minutes ago, Kingston said:

Or not.  It's not a world-elite stadium by any means but it is far from terrible.

It’s a really good 1970 era CFL stadium you know the stadiums that they built ala Tim Horton’s with two big grandstands facing each other and two open end end zones so come Grey Cup time they can put in those temporary end zones stands .

1 hour ago, RS said:

Yeah I’m outside now and it’s barely drizzling at this point.

Cold and windy as hell though 🥶

Is it windy enough to force Jamaica to play on the ground, I wonder? It seemed like a lot of their play was long balls over the top. That's going to be more difficult with the wind I imagine. If it's a ground game that's to our advantage I think.