Vancouver FC - 2024 Season Thread

Big_M

1 hour ago, Unnamed Trialist said:

He'd probably really shine in CPL.

But it is a question of a guy making hundreds of thousands to accept a contract for 55-60k.

What the hell else is he going to do? It seems to work for other guys. I'm pretty sure he'd make more than 60k. What does Bekker make? If he wants to be a coach, you can start the process while you're still playing. He's got another 5 years in him for sure

2 hours ago, Unnamed Trialist said:

But it is a question of a guy making hundreds of thousands to accept a contract for 55-60k.

Yeah, he looked cooked at the MLS level this year. Could not keep up with the play at all.  I know they're in negotiations with him, but it would be a big mistake for everyone  I can see him transitioning to a club ambassador role or starting some coaching. Hell, let him play for WFC2 if he still wants to keep playing within the organization.

• 3 weeks later...
On 11/10/2023 at 11:47 AM, Unnamed Trialist said:

Only if you don't have any more MLS offers.. have prob saved a nice goosegg too. 

• 3 weeks later...

One simple thing that could improve is access to the stadium from the south end of the park. I'll go down there with a weed wacker and do it for a case a beer. Considering there is a bus stop and a development across the street plus visibility from 200th that might make some sense.