Levonte Johnson

• 4 weeks later...
11 minutes ago, VinceA said:

With his substitutelion, there's no more Canadians on the pitch for Vancouver. In the Canadian Championship final.

The Athletic Bilbao of Canada indeed.

Give it a couple of years..Gauld is coming 😛 

Zero Canadians played in the draw with Sporting KC at the weekend either. Hugely disappointing. 

Levonte looked great tonight. He really doesn't have the pace to go further than a bit part MLS player imo. Hope he proves me wrong. 

1 hour ago, toontownman said:

Levonte looked great tonight. He really doesn't have the pace to go further than a bit part MLS player imo. Hope he proves me wrong. 

Pace/directness is probably his best and in my personal opinion, his only trait that makes him stand out.

Edited by Footyeh

• 3 weeks later...
11 hours ago, BearcatSA said:

Got the start tonight vs Seattle at LWB and has shown some really good stuff taking guys on 1 v 1. Drew the foul for the free kick leading to the opening goal by Veselinovic.

Nice to see him get the start. Thought he was good 1 v 1, but his crosses in to the box need to be better.  Some of that might just be learning how his teammates play, but a few too many of them were just sort of to no one.

Just now, Watchmen said:

Nice to see him get the start. Thought he was good 1 v 1, but his crosses in to the box need to be better.  Some of that might just be learning how his teammates play, but a few too many of them were just sort of to no one.

I posted in the Canada thread about Ahmed getting surprised by that Guadeloupe's players pace and strength on the dribble because you haven't been exposed to it before, and I think the same things happened with the experienced Alex Roldan facing Johnson for the first time.  He is a bigger guy with a sneaky burst (not unlike Bair) and he got the measure of Roldan and the other defenders a number of times taking it to the line.