Levonte Johnson

5 minutes ago, VinceA said:

That's two Canadians in the top 10 potentially.

Who is the other one, and dont say Johnston.  Maryland didnt go far in the tournie and the mock draft I saw had him late first round or 2nd round.  Although our guys tend to rise as they get more exposure in the combine etc.  

22 minutes ago, Bison44 said:

Who is the other one, and dont say Johnston.  Maryland didnt go far in the tournie and the mock draft I saw had him late first round or 2nd round.  Although our guys tend to rise as they get more exposure in the combine etc.  

Asking MLS journos (Doyle among them) they're saying they'd be surprised if Johnston isn't off the board by ten he's had a generally strong season.

On 12/3/2022 at 12:22 PM, youllneverwalkalone said:

Possible top 10 pick in the MLS....He's... from Vancouver.

5z77lp.jpg

No way he is a top 10 pick. Maybe 2nd round of the draft.

On 12/3/2022 at 12:22 PM, youllneverwalkalone said:

Possible top 10 pick in the MLS...he's from Brampton. :)

5z77do.jpg

Ok, he is a top 5 pick for sure. :)

Edited by Olympique_de_Marseille

• 3 weeks later...
12 hours ago, CanadaFan123 said:

Ryan Raposo as well. 

He's the Rodney Dangerfield around here.  I think he's improved a lot but I'm not sold he's got that much higher of a ceiling.  However, if he was playing elsewhere in MLS with the same minutes, there probably  would be much more attention given to him.

Edited by BearcatSA

12 hours ago, BearcatSA said:

He's the Rodney Dangerfield around here.  I think he's improved a lot but I'm not sold he's got that much higher of a ceiling.  However, if he was playing elsewhere in MLS with the same minutes, there probably  would be much more attention given to him.

Doesn’t help that he plays on the wings where we’re comparatively stacked. Also his excellent service was squandered by Vancouver’s strikers last year, so the improved play didn’t show up on the stat sheet.

18 hours ago, BearcatSA said:

Doesn’t help when he plays for the Always Shitecaps.  

8 hours ago, footballfreak said:

Doesn’t help that he plays on the wings where we’re comparatively stacked. Also his excellent service was squandered by Vancouver’s strikers last year, so the improved play didn’t show up on the stat sheet.

He lost his starting job to the naturally left footed Martins on the left when the team went to more of a back four (and also had their strong final push for a playoff spot).  They re-signed Martins and invested a lot in Gressel (who, when played as an advanced wingback, provided good service but much less so when played in a deeper, more central mid position).  They also, fwiw, traded up in the draft to get a French attacking midfielder.  I am not sure what the future holds, regardless of Sartini's public statements.