Match Thread: The Final - October 30, 2022 - Atletico Ottawa v Forge

narduch

Thanks, Narduch.

Not to derail this thread before it even starts, but who else here travelled to New York in 2015 to see Ottawa's one and only other trip to a championship match? (Yes, we are very envious of Forge fans going to a championship match nearly every year.) Pretty sure @Olympique_de_Marseille was on one of the two buses that made the trip from Ottawa. I think he was wrangling passports at 4 am as we came back across the Canadian border. Anyone else?

A bunch of the Fury players' wives and kids were on the same bus as me. I sat next to a guy I didn't know who said he worked for the Fury. I asked him what he did, and he said he just went around during matches making sure everyone was having a good time. When we got to the stadium, I saw him putting on Fury's Sparky (aka Flaming Moe) costume and then realized he was the team's mascot.

Current Atlético Ottawa players Drew Beckie and Carl Haworth were unused subs in the 2015 match against the Cosmos. Second time lucky for a championship for them? And for us!

image.jpeg.14ed2bad887e8769b8fa280fcc0d9b87.jpeg

15 minutes ago, Treppy2 said:

Pretty sure @Olympique_de_Marseille was on one of the two buses that made the trip from Ottawa. I think he was wrangling passports at 4 am as we came back across the Canadian border. Anyone else?

Ya, I made that trip. You have a good memory. I can't sleep well when on a bus so I collected passports on the way back haha. Someone else did it on the way down. Exhausting but really fun trip.

Edited by Olympique_de_Marseille

2 hours ago, gwsmith63 said:

TSN1200 radio just mentioned that over 10K tickets now sold.

It would be awesome if the Ottawa-Hamilton soccer match on Sunday had a greater attendance than the Ottawa-Hamilton football match at the same venue on Saturday. Think that’s a possibility?

On 10/28/2022 at 7:43 PM, Treppy2 said:

It would be awesome if the Ottawa-Hamilton soccer match on Sunday had a greater attendance than the Ottawa-Hamilton football match at the same venue on Saturday. Think that’s a possibility?

Sadly, NO.

Attendance was announced as 19,708

https://www.saultstar.com/sports/football/cfl/ottawa-redblacks/its-over-ottawa-redblacks-finish-season-with-14th-loss

I would absolutely love it if that was the case but I doubt we get beyond 15 000.

2 hours ago, Olympique_de_Marseille said:

Sadly, NO.

Attendance was announced as 19,708

https://www.saultstar.com/sports/football/cfl/ottawa-redblacks/its-over-ottawa-redblacks-finish-season-with-14th-loss

I would absolutely love it if that was the case but I doubt we get beyond 15 000.

Oh well - at least there's a chance the attendance will be greater than the last Senators home game. They drew 13,870 on Thursday.

15 minutes ago, Senorpopps said:

Does anyone know what type of seating ‘the Cabin’ is? I’m imagining a form of temporary terraces. Hopefully will be able to fit several hundred more people. Also, with respect to attendance, I’m calling 15,000 give or take 250. Any takers?

Cabin is the standing area I believe, usually has a good crowd there for Redblacks games 

43 minutes ago, Senorpopps said:

Does anyone know what type of seating ‘the Cabin’ is? I’m imagining a form of temporary terraces. Hopefully will be able to fit several hundred more people. Also, with respect to attendance, I’m calling 15,000 give or take 250. Any takers?

I just bought my tickets and and the rep said that they will cap at the current sections as it is expensive to open up more.  He felt that there are enough tickets left for the walk-up crowd.  So I would think 14,000 Max.