Match Thread: The Final - October 30, 2022 - Atletico Ottawa v Forge

narduch

9 hours ago, Pottsy3 said:

I don’t think you’re giving enough credit to the adversity Forge has faced.

The depth in the squad, specifically at the back has always been poor. The last two seasons our defence has been beat up. It takes good coaching to overcome those losses.

AAJ looked out of his element in the move to CB early in the season, but it looks genius now. Our midfield in the finals last season was Bekker - AAJ - Cisse, and none of those players were available to play in the makeshift midfield we started this year in the finals. 

Bobby has always made the most with what he has available to him.

The "next man up" mentality is great and a credit to the coaching staff but it sure helps when you have talented, pedigreed professionals beyond your first XI. Terran Campbell was a part-time player for Forge but he would easily be the most talented striker in Valour history. Ditto Jordan Hamilton. There's a half dozen guys that didn't play whole lot that would easily start for any other CanPL team.

2 hours ago, jonovision said:

The "next man up" mentality is great and a credit to the coaching staff but it sure helps when you have talented, pedigreed professionals beyond your first XI. Terran Campbell was a part-time player for Forge but he would easily be the most talented striker in Valour history. Ditto Jordan Hamilton. There's a half dozen guys that didn't play whole lot that would easily start for any other CanPL team.

Easily be depended on.

16 hours ago, Senorpopps said:

According to Wikipedia, the attendance was 14,992! Awesome turnout - sad to think we were eight people away from 15,000. If you include the number of people watching from the overlooking apartment building, I’m sure we clear that number. 

That was on purpose from what I heard. Once you clear the 15K mark, a bunch of things kick in at Lansdowne including the 400-series city express buses which would cost the franchise money. They likely made a lot more money at 14,992 than they would have at 15,001 (and probably a good deal higher that that too). Opening other sections would also have cost and if you're not certain of filling them, would have ended up costing more than they're worth.

15 minutes ago, JamboAl said:

I didn’t notice anyone with a freebie.  But I did notice that my ticket in T was way less than I would have expected, even as a season ticket holder.  It was slightly more than $30 all in.  I expected to pay $50 or more.

My seat as a season ticket holder did cost much less than the additional one I purchased. So that was nice that the season seat seemed to come with a discount. Season starts several months from now but hope to see some of lasts nights crowd carry into next year

I just got home from the bus trip, what an amazing time we all had and winning the title was icing on the cake! I was feeling confident yesterday which is slightly unusual for me but the game played out as I was hoping with Forge's big game experience showing! The atmosphere was incredible from the bus ride to the pre game meet up, the game and the post match celebrations with players and coaches, Ottawa fans were so gracious even after a loss and continually thanked us for coming! I invited them all down to a Forge match at THF, hopefully some take up the offer because they are a great bunch of supporters!

6 hours ago, JamboAl said:

I didn’t notice anyone with a freebie.  But I did notice that my ticket in T was way less than I would have expected, even as a season ticket holder.  It was slightly more than $30 all in.  I expected to pay $50 or more.

Oh, really? They were giving away CPL 2022 Final scarves left, right and centre. Maybe that was only at certain gates though? 

10 hours ago, m-g-williams said:

Oh, really? They were giving away CPL 2022 Final scarves left, right and centre. Maybe that was only at certain gates though? 

I meant freebie ticket.  I got one of those freebie scarves but think he had to be in the door by 530.

21 hours ago, PaulV said:

That was on purpose from what I heard. Once you clear the 15K mark, a bunch of things kick in at Lansdowne including the 400-series city express buses which would cost the franchise money. They likely made a lot more money at 14,992 than they would have at 15,001 (and probably a good deal higher that that too). Opening other sections would also have cost and if you're not certain of filling them, would have ended up costing more than they're worth.

They will always be freebies at any event. Sponsors are usually given a decent amount of tickets for their employees it’s just the way it is . However, how many freebies could there have been , maybe 500 let’s say even a 1000 but I doubt that, in the end that was a very promising turnout . Hopefully, Ottawa can keep a few of those fans and turn them into season ticket holders or even fans that will come out to a lot more games .