CONCACAF U17 qualifying: Guatemala Feb 2023 ( + preparation & news )

8 hours ago, narduch said:

I see you guys have met the newest American troll.

On top of it, he writes terribly, says it's because he's Mexican American. Then when you make a reference in Spanish to him, he says he doesn't understand Spanish.

What is it that makes 'merica so attractive, so alluring?

Edited by Unnamed Trialist

13 hours ago, Sechat23 said:

Most of the top talent doesn't play in the MLS academies lol. I don't know much about your academies but are you saying they are up there with Philly, Fc Dallas, NYFC, and Inter Mimi?

Yeah, they are considered to be up there.

You conveniently only named the academies who are considered to be able to play better than them or do.

Inter Miami has like 3 duals who will likely end up with Canada, Argentina and Mexico respectively. 

i believe Philly had an ecudorian or 3, and I think even NYCFC could produce a kid or 2 who will play for Argentina.

If we had one U-17 that wasn’t MLS bias I think at this point yes talent wise we can match the 11 of the USA. But they have 4 11’s that could win the tourney that they know of, with plenty more yet to be uncovered. we likely only have 1.

People have said for a while that our youth are very good but we fail to bring them to the next level and bridge the pro gap. This where the CAN PL will come in.

1 hour ago, Dominic94 said:

Yeah, they are considered to be up there.

You conveniently only named the academies who are considered to be able to play better than them or do.

Inter Miami has like 3 duals who will likely end up with Canada, Argentina and Mexico respectively. 

i believe Philly had an ecudorian or 3, and I think even NYCFC could produce a kid or 2 who will play for Argentina.

Yes, outside of Canada and maybe Mexico. Those dual-nat players are from Argentina, Brazil, Egland, and many more countries. Those players are most likely not good enough for their first team or even the top 26.

For example, Benjamín Cremaschi was fourth to fifth in the deep chart of Argentina but he's first to third in the deep chart of the USA.

Mexico needs to improve daul nat that is from the USA and Mexico.

1 hour ago, Dominic94 said:

If we had one U-17 that wasn’t MLS bias I think at this point yes talent wise we can match the 11 of the USA. But they have 4 11’s that could win the tourney that they know of, with plenty more yet to be uncovered. we likely only have 1.

People have said for a while that our youth are very good but we fail to bring them to the next level and bridge the pro gap. This where the CAN PL will come in.

USA still has the same issue. Kids play soccer in high school but they quit when they see that they can't go pro or need to find a way to make money. MLS and USL are slowly getting better at that.

On 1/25/2023 at 2:00 AM, Unnamed Trialist said:

On top of it, he writes terribly, says it's because he's Mexican American. Then when you make a reference in Spanish to him, he says he doesn't understand Spanish.

What is it that makes 'merica so attractive, so alluring?

guns

23 hours ago, Sechat23 said:

USA still has the same issue. Kids play soccer in high school but they quit when they see that they can't go pro or need to find a way to make money. MLS and USL are slowly getting better at that.

The ones that usually make it are the ones that persevere , Mark Anthony Kaye a prime example he kept at it and made it in the end. Anyone quitting  in the US or even here in Canada at the high school age  especially now with so much  more opportunities out there you have to wonder how much they really wanted it . We had nothing back in the day, moreover a Canadian or even an American player playing in even the lowest of leagues anywhere in Europe was almost unheard of . Like I said anyone quitting at early ages are usually players where pro soccer is not really a dream and that’s perfectly normal of course.

On 1/24/2023 at 1:47 PM, Olympique_de_Marseille said:

...more dual nationals...

Haiti have released a 29 player preliminary squad they are training with in Mexico. Only 10 players are based in Haiti! The squad has 7 USA based players, 4 based in France, 1 based in Switzerland and 7 based in Canada. Unsurprisingly (if you are familiar with the Haitian diaspora in Canada), 6 of those players are based in the Greater Montreal Area and 1 in the GTA.

https://www.haitilibre.com/en/news-38629-haiti-world-u-17-peru-2023-list-of-28-young-grenadiers-preselected-for-the-qualifying-phase.html

The players are:

Jeremy Sanon (CF Montreal)

Samuel Pierre Lamare (CF Montreal)

Dylan Ray Roudolph Pierre Alexis (CF Montreal)

Sebatien Udell Joseph (CF Montreal)

Yuri Aleksandr Guboglo (CF Montreal)

Reney Merone (Toronto FC)

Danley Theillard-De-Martino Felix (Saint-Laurent ???)

Additionally, the other Canadian based players that were cut after Haiti held earlier training camps in Florida are:

Lynghton D. Osner Romage (CS Saint-Laurent)

Karvens Seraphin (AS Blainville) 

Presley Joseph-Cafe (AS Laval)

Chatel Tristan (AS Laval)

Emilio Lassere (AS Laval)

Dorian Ned Samson (CC Lanaudière-Nord)

https://www.haitilibre.com/en/news-38512-haiti-world-u-17-peru-2023-pre-list-of-60-players-before-3rd-final-phase-of-detection.html

Edited by Olympique_de_Marseille

49 minutes ago, Vasi said:

When is the deadline for roster announcements?  I'm assuming thats when we will drop ours. 

CONCACAF states that the 20-player rosters are due 10 days prior to the start of the competition.

https://www.concacaf.com/en/under-17s-men/regulations/

The first match is Saturday, February 11th so rosters are due at the latest on Wednesday, February 1st. CONCACAF will likely not publish the rosters until Friday, February 3rd.

35 minutes ago, El Hombre said:

We're two weeks and two days out from the first game so it should be soon.  Hopefully it drops Saturday or Sunday.

I doubt it. I think the CSA will be last-minute and not publish it before Thursday, February 2nd, so I'd expect it about a week from now.

26 minutes ago, Olympique_de_Marseille said:

I doubt it. I think the CSA will be last-minute and not publish it before Thursday, February 2nd, so I'd expect it about a week from now.

The optimist in me has them gathering for a pre-tournament camp starting on Monday, so I was hoping we'd get a roster on Sunday for that.

I'm not sure exactly how that optimism has survived so long, but if I can figure it out, I should bottle and sell it.

• Olympique_de_Marseille changed the title to CONCACAF U17 qualifying: Guatemala Feb 2023 ( + preparation & news )
3 hours ago, SoccMan said:

The ones that usually make it are the ones that persevere , Mark Anthony Kaye a prime example he kept at it and made it in the end. Anyone quitting  in the US or even here in Canada at the high school age  especially now with so much  more opportunities out there you have to wonder how much they really wanted it . We had nothing back in the day, moreover a Canadian or even an American player playing in even the lowest of leagues anywhere in Europe was almost unheard of . Like I said anyone quitting at early ages are usually players where pro soccer is not really a dream and that’s perfectly normal of course.

I feel like Canada and US has the same problems with soccer. Both have pay-to-play systems and don’t have many programs to make a semi-pro to a pro.

They are getting better each year, but we are not there yet. Pay-to-play needs to leave.

3 hours ago, SoccMan said:

I feel like Canada and US has the same problems with soccer. Both have pay-to-play systems and don’t have many programs to make a semi-pro to a pro.

They are getting better each year, but we are not there yet. Pay-to-play needs to leave.