CONCACAF U17 qualifying: Guatemala Feb 2023 ( + preparation & news )

Based on what I can see from the non-MLS NA guys:

Erik Pop had 13 goals in 18 games for ProStars in L1O U21 reserve league.

https://www.guelphtoday.com/local-sports/guelphs-simon-guardiero-has-eyes-set-on-the-world-soccer-stage-5948352

a feature on Sigma's CB Simon Guardiero. 

Can't find anything on Braden Stefanovic other than in 2021 he played three games for Tecumseh B.

12 minutes ago, Olympique_de_Marseille said:

I think this Mission26 guy might be premature in his posting. These might be the guys called to the December camp. You can only call 20 guys to the final roster, not 24 guys.

You are right. There is no way they announce the roster now for February. I think that that is what the guy ment to post. If these names are true. Im impressed that they got two duel nats to come. Fung and Higazy.

48 minutes ago, El Hombre said:

Usually they indicate coverage options in the CSA press release so I went back into it and stumbled across this gem that I originally missed:

The Canada squad, coached by Andrew Olivieri, will feature players born 2006 or later.

Damn.  I had such high hopes.

If it ain't broke, why fix it? 

1 hour ago, InglewoodJack said:

Has Klukowski played with the senior team? They list him as being part of Legia Warsaw, not the youth team. Assuming it’s a typo, but has anyone seen him play?

He has played in 8 matches so far for Legia Warsaw U17 (four starts) and he has four goals.

Full match here from September vs Hutnik.  He scored a goal in the 58th minute.  

Edited by Buchta

28 minutes ago, Buchta said:

He has played in 8 matches so far for Legia Warsaw U17 (four starts) and he has four goals.

This seems... really good? I know it's only U17, and I won't pretend to ever have watched a minute of Polish Youth Soccer, but I think if he keeps advancing, a (hypothetical) 20 year old playing at Legia Warsaw would be in contention for the '26 roster. I feel like Legia have also sent some serious talent to big clubs before. They famously dropped Lewandowski from their B team after an injury, and refused to reacquire him after he took off in Poland's lower division.

Edited by InglewoodJack

1 hour ago, Buchta said:

Looks like he's on the younger side for this level too. He's one of five 2007 born players on the 24 man roster listed on their site, the rest of the squad is 2006's. It says he turns 16 in April.

Previously was in the academy at Mallorca.

Edited by Pottsy3

The Costa Rica roster:

https://www.fedefutbol.com/2022/12/09/la-sele-sub-17-masculina-se-foguera-en-mexico/

8 hours ago, dyslexic nam said:

Sorry if I missed this - will we get to see these games?  Streaming maybe? 

No idea, but once again we get more details from the other Football Federations.

The Costa Rica match will be on Thursday at 5pm EST / 2pm Pacific / 4pm local

Edited by Olympique_de_Marseille

For those who care, Mexico U17 beat Costa Rica U17 1-0 yesterday.

https://www.crhoy.com/deportes/sele-sub-17-perdio-en-amistoso-ante-mexico/

As far as I can tell, Fedefutbol Costa Rica only posted the lineup ( their staring XI and bench) and the final result. No stream.

Mexico only posted a match summary and a 2 minute highlights vid on twitter.

On 12/9/2022 at 5:16 PM, Olympique_de_Marseille said:

The Costa Rica match will be on Thursday at 5pm EST / 2pm Pacific / 4pm local

We will play them tomorrow but it looks like the best we will get is twitter updates.

Edited by Olympique_de_Marseille

2 hours ago, Olympique_de_Marseille said:

We will play them tomorrow but it looks like the best we will get is twitter updates.

Considering the pre-olympic camp debacle I'd be ecstatic if that even happens. I'd guess we might see a tweet or basic info at somepoint after the match has happened. Most will be reported on twitter elsewhere.

Where a teachable moment occurs like that one last year, traditionally it seems the CSA likes to double down rather than learn and try to improve.

• Olympique_de_Marseille changed the title to CONCACAF U17 qualifying: Guatemala Feb 2023 ( + preparation & news )