CONCACAF U17 qualifying: Guatemala Feb 2023 ( + preparation & news )

5 hours ago, VinceA said:

You'll be lucky if Richard Scott even tweets a passing mention about it.

I could write the tweet based on past experience with youth teams: some good individual talent on display, but they were undone by being scored on while Canadian players were still trying to learn there teammates names. 

Apologies if we are taking a different approach this time, I haven't been paying attention due to World Cup. 

26 minutes ago, Shway said:

I like that we are playing the same system we do for the senior team…..

oh wait we didn’t play with 3 in the middle in the WCQ.

I said let’s hope their fate is better than the last youth team that beat Costa Rica in preparation. 

We don’t really have a system though, do we? Throughout qualifying, we’d make formation changes game to game and even in game. I think trying to stick with “how we want to play” in the World Cup is part of what led us to poor results. We needed to stay adaptable like we did during qualifying.

10 minutes ago, Xavier. said:

They deleted the tweet...

The video is still watchable from the embedded tweet. 

A very nice goal. Good composure to work the triangles under pressure. springing the goal scorer on a 35-yard run with the ball. Good one-two at the top of the box, and decent finish. Me likey. The Costa Rica midfield that let the goal scorer run that far unchallenged, then watched him continue his run into the box to finish the move will be getting slaughtered by their coaches.

9 hours ago, Olympique_de_Marseille said:

The Costa Rican FA says we won 2-0

https://www.fedefutbol.com/2022/12/15/gira-de-fogueos-en-mexico-sigue-dejando-valiosas-lecciones-a-la-sele-sub-17/

The CSA says we won 2-1.

Soooo....

Come On Reaction GIF by MOODMAN

You know that stereotype that claims Canadians are nice, well, that's why CSA gave Costa Rica a goal. They felt bad.

• Olympique_de_Marseille changed the title to CONCACAF U17 qualifying: Guatemala Feb 2023 ( + preparation & news )