CONCACAF Nations League 2022/2023 - General Thread - Group Stage

50 minutes ago, trc2014 said:

Anyone with thoughts on Richairo Živković?

Don't know the player, but on paper, he looks like he brings quality.

52 minutes ago, JamboAl said:

The Curacao lineup was just dropped (there’s a player nicknamed “Cheese”).

I heard they were originally going to call on only 23 players but then they decided that there was (Eloy) ROOM for one more.

:P  :D   

Edited by Olympique_de_Marseille

25 minutes ago, InglewoodJack said:

Yeah, I was kidding about that. Saw the Zator news though, surprised, but not an undeserved call at all. Still think there’s a good chance Loturi makes it too.

I mean look at the optics. It kinda doesn’t make sense for him not to get the call. If we’re doing straight swaps. He should be replacing Wotherspoon who hasn’t played any meaningful minutes.

The future is now, integrating the young prospects and saying bye to the fringe old heads is the crossroads we are at right now. 

2 minutes ago, Shway said:

I mean look at the optics. It kinda doesn’t make sense for him not to get the call. If we’re doing straight swaps. He should be replacing Wotherspoon who hasn’t played any meaningful minutes.

The future is now, integrating the young prospects and saying bye to the fringe old heads is the crossroads we are at right now. 

I think NF listed Loturi as their “shock omission” on the pod, ie a guy everyone thinks will make it, but won’t. I would actually consider him a shock *addition*, so it sounds like people think he’s pretty close to making it, so I think we see it happen. Different positions, but hard to see them going off the board and tapping Zator but ignoring the younger more exciting Loturi, unless is a strict Kennedy replacement, but yeah, I think we see him. 

2 minutes ago, InglewoodJack said:

I think NF listed Loturi as their “shock omission” on the pod, ie a guy everyone thinks will make it, but won’t. I would actually consider him a shock *addition*, so it sounds like people think he’s pretty close to making it, so I think we see it happen. Different positions, but hard to see them going off the board and tapping Zator but ignoring the younger more exciting Loturi, unless is a strict Kennedy replacement, but yeah, I think we see him. 

Zator is right footed? Kennedy is a lefty. AJ is suspended for the first game and Waterman just played his first game of the season coming back from an injury. If anything Zator may be a replacement for AJ (game 1) and/or Waterman, especially if JH wants to stick with 3 at the back. Not saying Kennedy, given his injuries and playing time, will be on the squad.

2 minutes ago, Shway said:

Only logical way? He's playing well in 1st Division in Poland. 
Kennedy isn't playing. Waterman just came back from injury. Henry is injured. 

He's earned it regardless of guys declining.  

I outlined the numbers a couple days ago. Notwithstanding those issues you’ve outlined we still have a ton of CB depth. I just couldn’t fit him and Zator in a roster that had only 23 and that was while omitting all the guys you had listed. 

Hence my statement.

4 minutes ago, CanadaFan123 said:

I outlined the numbers a couple days ago. Notwithstanding those issues you’ve outlined we still have a ton of CB depth. I just couldn’t fit him and Zator in a roster that had only 23 and that was while omitting all the guys you had listed. 

Hence my statement.

Vitoria, Miller, Cornelius and who else? 

"A ton of CB depth" is not something that is said around here.

Edited by Shway