Forge FC - 2022 Season Thread

Big_M

33 minutes ago, Pottsy3 said:

Love this, Castello looked very good in his short appearances this year and will be an exciting prospect. I had an itch the Morgan signing was coming, and I'd imagine it means Kwame is expected to sign in Vancouver.

Castello must hold the record for fastest goal from the start of his professional career. It's all downhill after his first 15 seconds...

This signing makes so much sense for both parties, Ashtone will bring leadership and experience to Forge after many years in MLS. Being a Toronto kid means being able to stay close to home, where he also recently opened up a coffee shop. https://www.facebook.com/thesonndr/ and not end up in some random USL outpost. I will let continue with the present while also keeping an eye on his future. Happy for my fellow alumnus of Northern Secondary School here in midtown TO. 

Full press release: https://canpl.ca/article/forge-fc-add-canadian-fullback-ashtone-morgan-re-sign-sebastian-castello

Wonder what wage he is taking. Calgary and Forge seem to be getting some higher tier players. Hope this is a trend that spreads through the other teams. Morgan is a fantastic pick up for the league. 

Wonder if Jordan Hamilton could be an achievable addition for Pacific? Probably more likely to end up in the never ending cap at Forge 😛  Aboubacar Sissoko to Pacific to replace Hojabrpour? Ok I derailed several times over. 

15 minutes ago, Pottsy3 said:

Hamilton -> Halifax round trip is only about $120 with Flair/SWOOP for the May 23rd match with Forge. I'm considering it, or even better the one in June. Is the price worth risking the hassle of those airlines?

My wife and I used our Aeroplan points last season for this fixture so obviously it was worth it. I haven't flown either of those airlines yet so I can't help you out there but the trip to Halifax in general is totally worth it.

48 minutes ago, Pottsy3 said:

Hamilton -> Halifax round trip is only about $120 with Flair/SWOOP for the May 23rd match with Forge. I'm considering it, or even better the one in June. Is the price worth risking the hassle of those airlines?

I'm going to the May game on Swoop. If you've got no luggage, Swoop is fine. If you're taking a bunch of stuff it doesn't end up being any cheaper, and I wouldn't bother with them. The service in-flight is minimal, but this is only a 2 hr flight. It's bare-bones, but I've had okay experiences with flights. The problem comes when you need to resolve cancellations or other matters that may require actual people. They charge you $15 to call a live person and there are very few customer service agents. I had a flight cancelled earlier in Covid and it took about three months to get the refund from them. Only ever communicated through email, I could never actually reach someone.

Edited by Cicero

25 minutes ago, Pottsy3 said:

it doesn't say in the article that he's not re-signing with Forge, just says its unclear.

Which ever club ends up picking him up will get a great player, I'm sure Hamilton still have enough room to pick him up if wanted, the Morgan signing doesn't mean there is no room for him, I see him more as a defensive midfielder than a left back. It's a shame it didn't work out for him at Vancouver, he's been top quality in CanPL, and would have made a capable squad player in MLS. Dude can find room and has a quality pass. Halifax would seem the perfect alternative IMO, or a move to scandanavia?