Forge FC - 2022 Season Thread

Big_M

21 hours ago, grasshopper1917 said:

Does anyone know for sure if there is even a salary cap for the league?

This is from Neil Davidson · The Canadian Press  (CBC Article) regarding the 2021 season

• $1.2-million salary cap
  • Player spending must fall between $650,000 and $850,000
  • Coach/technical range is between $350,000 and $550,000
  • The cap includes salaries, housing and travel allowances and individual player bonuses but not "league or club accomplishment bonuses

Changes for 2022 Salary Cap  (Canpl.ca Article)

What's the same:

• $1.2 million salary cap
  • Player spending must fall between $650,000 and $850,000
  • Coach/technical range is between $350,000 and $550,000

What's different:

• For the 2022 season, all U-21 players registered to a Canadian Premier League club on a Standard Player Contract hit the cap at only 50% of their total compensation. By signing these U-21 players, a club can earn up to an additional $100,000 of Player Cap room taking the total combined compensation budget to $1,300,000. 
  • In effect, a team can now spend up to a maximum of $950,000 on player compensation if $200,000 is spent on U-21 players and only $350,000 is spent on the Technical Cap. This is a further incentive and mechanism to invest in developing young professional players in Canada.

• 1 month later...

Just putting our one last call for the Forge cards pictured above I the tweet I quoted.  I am really hoping to pick up a set at some point and I would love to find one before they recede into them past.  If anyone has an extra set or is willing to part with their, I would love to trade for them or buy them.  

Report on my time on Sun Oct 2/22 at the The Allstate Soccer Show in Mississauga. Contains 55 min audio from panel on 'Canada at the WC in Qatar' with five national team players and some other panels. 

Also the end of a panel discussion with three CPL players on 'Being a Veteran in a Growing League'.   Wilson and Giantsopoulos from York and Bekker from Forge. 

http://www.rocketrobinsoccerintoronto.com/reports22/22york235.htm

and how could Bryan Robson never have heard of The Smiths?

• 3 weeks later...
14 hours ago, maccaliam said:

Do you think they have to return those jerseys after the game like they do with the national team?

Do you think they bought them?

I love the Charles Barkley observation about money and notoriety. They strange thing about fame and money is the more money you get, the more free things you're given

Edited by SpursFlu

2 hours ago, Ftduck said:

https://northerntribune.ca/forge-appeals-bekkers-red-card/

Forge appealing Bekkers red. Doubt that will be successful. But then again the whole league bends toward our needs dont they!😏

That's a bit skeptical and a far fetched conspiracy theory.. apparently Jay Chapman's a free agent though, could see him in the starting line up instead.